Sleep and protein deprived in Idaho

SweetnessandGrace
on 7/27/11 8:49 pm - ID

I have had a terrible time getting to sleep at night!  I start work at 4 a.m. and haven't been able to get to sleep before 11 p.m., so am really dragging my tailfeathers.  It seems like my supplements are giving me a buzz, so am going to try taking them much earlier to see if this helps.  I also would like one more good pop of protein at the end of the day, but that also seems to jazz me up.  Does anyone have a protein drink (preferably chocolate) that they like for that wind-down time at night? 

Yours in Zzzzz's

Debra

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

teachmid
on 7/27/11 9:55 pm - OKC, OK
I often fix a decaf cafe mocha in the late evening and it does't affect my sleep. I actually don't like decaf coffee, but this covers the taste. Its based off Gina's (major mom) protein coffee.

Mix about 1/3 c heavy cream and 1/3 c of water in a blender bottle
Add: 2 scoops champion chocolate
a healthy dose of SF chocolate syrup
A squirt of SF Carmel or English toffee syrup
Pour in big mug and add the hot coffee.
Top with whipped cream.

Hope you can get some rest.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

ann M.
on 7/28/11 12:13 am - Northern, VA
Are you taking a Vit B complex or B12?  This can disrupt my sleep if I don't take it very early in the day.

Good luck.  Chronically tired is no fun.

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

PamtasticNewLife
on 7/28/11 8:47 am
When are you taking your vitamins? I'd be taking my B vitamins as soon as I woke up in the morning. Nix any caffeine! You could also try melatonin, all lights and electronics off in your room after a nice warm bath. I take lunesta! Lol have to take it on an empty stomach and it dont always do the job then.
Good luck!
SweetnessandGrace
on 7/30/11 8:56 am - ID
Thanks for the replies!  I take all vitamins and supplements on the Vitalady schedule.  The coffee mocha sounds like just what I need to calm down before bed and still get a little more protein in.  I have tried all sorts of sleep aids (including Sleep Aid from Costco, which seems to work the best), but have kind of a hangover the next morning, lasting well into the day.  I'll check my schedule and see if I can rearrange my B's so they're gone early in the day. 

You ladies are so sweet to share your ideas!  Thank you!

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

Recent Topics