larra
on 7/28/11 11:55 pm - bay area, CA
Good advice!

Larra
vitalady
on 7/29/11 4:16 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I want to keep informed.

Back in the 80's, had I known enough about these drugs, the horrific pain (even as far back as 1980, erythromycin) would've been a heads up to stand my ground with the docs.

As it was, I'd just kinda say, i didn't want to take "that" because I think it makes my stomach hurt. OMG

Fast forward thru the 80's and 90's and there was nothing left when I did my pre-op work up in 1993.

They did not remove the remnant i***** but when I needed revision for SLD in 2000, I wanted that time bomb OUT of there.

I had started taking "tummy tamers" as they arrived on the market starting back in my teens (1960's(, donnatal in the 70's when I was with Kaiser, Vallejo, then on to Cimetadine/Tagamet when it was new, then Zantac and onto Prilosec when it was "the purple pill.

I now ppl who've lived the history of WLS starting way back. I seem to have lived the history of tummy stuff. My mom was giving me "bicarbonate" back in my CHILDHOOD. Looking back, not such a good thing, I think.

Bad tummy. Very bad. Go to your room and stay there. Never enter my body again.

As for losing my rem in 2000? Wow, what a blessing.

My tummy has been bothering me again for about 2 yrs, don't know why, nothing tests, h ard to match symptoms to anything more than just "stress". Pretty clear. Don falls off roof, I'm doubled over in pain/nausea.

No relation to food/drink or lack thereof.

I have had all these bone surgeries, bad hips since pregnancy (you know, when YOU were born! LOL) and now RA. Wish I could take an NSAID, won't ever do it.

But ppl should know if they take an NSAID, even just some Motrin for cramps, and they feel any pain, stool color changes AT ALL, any blood from anywhere that isn't an obvius source, report in AT ONCE!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Recent Topics