***Wednesday Bites, Vites & Exercites***

MajorMom
on 7/27/11 6:52 pm - VA
~~~Awesome~~~~  I love that you can get a nice fresh veggie in your Bites such as the asparagus.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 7/27/11 10:58 am - Warner Robins, GA
think i ate everything that wasn't nailed to the floor.  lol

35-40 pepperoni crisps
hard boiled egg
1/2 ham steak
1 c pistachios
double protein coffee
sm can of tuna (forgot the mayo ate it dry)
handful of potato chips
lf cottage cheese w/pineapple chunks
m&m's
double protein decaf coffee
another cup of pistachios
mexican restaurant for dinner
nachos heavy with ground beef
taquitos - beef and chicken w/guacamole and salsa
1/2 a margarita (shared w/gf)
double protein decaf cinnamon coffee
more m&m's

vites: running behind but will catch up before bedtime
fluids:  good day 90+ oz

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

MajorMom
on 7/27/11 6:55 pm - VA
Sounds like you had a great time with a friend today. Rock on!

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 12:09 pm
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 12:12 pm, edited 7/27/11 12:51 pm
I'm still new at this. 10 weeks. I can't figure out how to do this low-carb thing (never tried it before), and nothing sounds good. I'm hungry, but I open the fridge and just stare. And think about carby things. Help.

I've tried steak, shrimp, cottage cheese, yogurt (but I have a really hard time going without sugared flavor), eggs a million ways, and I know that there are thousands of other things to eat out there, but I'm bored. I'm not even sure that I'm eating enough; I haven't lost weight in a while. 

Milk, 2% fat

fl oz

Champion pure whey

serving

Kung pao chicken

cup

Egg, whole, cooked, hard-boiled

large

ModestoK
on 7/27/11 1:28 pm, edited 7/28/11 3:24 am

I understand about wanting sugary stuff, especially if you were a carb addict pre-surgery.  Here are a few suggestions that you can go with that are still DS friendly"
Cottage cheese with pineapple

Cottage cheese or greek yogurt mixed with SF syrups.  See if there is a Smart and Final, Cash & Carry, or some other type of resturant supply store near you.  They have many varieties of SF syrups.  Starbucks also carries a few good ones, with the extra bonus of not having sugar alcohols.

Carb Smart ice cream - I've found bars and plain vanilla at Safeway.

Ricotta fluff :  Container Ricotta, SF Jello Cheesecake pudding, a couple of dollops of sour cream to taste.  Mix first 3 ingredients well - really well to minimize Ricotta graininess - then add half & half or cream to thin out to desired consistency.  You can also add flavored SF syrup, cocoa, etc. to customize your fluff.

High protein mock cheesecake - mix a container of SF Jello cheesecake pudding in with a large container of Fage or other high protein, low carb greek yogurt.  Or you can do like I do and get small Greek yogurt cups and then add amount of SF Jello cheesecake to taste so you don't have a ton that has to be eaten in a week period.  I mix 1 cup of yogurt with 1/5 to 1/4 pkg of pudding.  Yum.

Shake cake, recipe compliments of the awesome Kayla:   1 T. dark, plain cocoa (NOT the cocoa mix that has a ton of sugar.) , 1/4 t. baking powder, Splenda to taste (3-4 pkgs), scoop protein powder, 2 - 3 T. oil, 1 T. vanilla, water or cream to get a batter consistency.  If the batter tastes good, so should the cake & vice versa.   Mix all ingredents, then microwave for 35 - 45 seconds.  Top with whipped cream.

Adkins bars.

Rockin Roll bars - taste like a Payday to me but have 21 g. protein and only 2 g. insulin impacting carbs.  (But these DO have sugar alcohols that can do a number on newbie stomachs...)

AmberLyn or other low carb chocolate bars (again, beware of Sugar alcohols.)
 I got these at a Costco road show but they can also be ordered from the website.  The dark chocolate mint tastes like girl scout cookies (minus the crunch.)

There are many, many other things that are okay for DSers and yet are okay to eat.  Check out earlier bites & vites to see what others are eating for suggestions.

K.

sherryatlarge
on 7/27/11 1:36 pm - TX
 Thank you, thank you.  I have been hoping to get some ideas also.  I can do this!
  I feel like I'm in a dream.        
MajorMom
on 7/27/11 7:02 pm - VA
Welcome!  Let's see...at 10 weeks out I may have been eating Wendy's chili or making my own but I found I had to use 80% lean hamburger. I didn't do well with chicken or fish for the first year and I relied pretty heavily on shrimp ****tail and protein shakes at this point. I was snacking on Laughing Cow BabyBel cheese and SF pudding. I had cravings for salad about this point too. I was able to eat part of a Taco Bell taco salad but didn't eat the shell.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

ModestoK
on 7/27/11 12:40 pm, edited 7/27/11 12:45 am
I saw a post by Becky about a 3 month out person self-sabotaging.
I think I may have been doing that as well - otherwise WHY have I been stalled for nearly 4 weeks??? I've started consistently exercising with C25K training and keeping carbs between 65 & 85 grams net lately. I'm trying to get back some of my lost muscle mass, too.
Maybe my loss has stopped because I'm building muscle from the exercise? I don't know.

My stall actually broke, but in the wrong direction! Being that it is my 'lady time', I've gained 6 pounds. I'm hoping & praying it will be gone after my cycle is through.

Note to self - try to post daily to have more accountability.

Bites:
B: Fage 0% greek yogurt with SF Jello cheesecake mix, half peach
L: Julian bread w/ 2 oz sliced thin Turkey & 3 oz swiss Cheese
1/3 pkg of cheese nips (salt craving)
S: Half of Rockin' Roll bar
D: Plan on having snow crab in melted butter after workout
S: Plan on Shake Cake & spray whipped cream

Total cals. 1,896 Net Carbs 51 grams Protein 172 grams

Kim
MajorMom
on 7/27/11 7:07 pm - VA
Try cutting the carbs back a little more (under 50), increase your protein (shakes, eggs, shrimp/fish, beef, or Fage yogurt) and increase your clear SF fluids. Water would be better if you can do it. I like to add fresh lemon or lime with a touch of Splenda. 

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Recent Topics