Newbie questions (and a convert from RNY)

beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 5:38 am - AL
Thank you SO much for saying that.  Sometimes I wonder if a thing I say ever gets read, much less listened to.  Since I don't get paid the big bucks for spending time here on OH it is nice to get some positive feedback for sure!!!

In all honesty I am so glad that people took the time to post to me when I first decided to get WLS because like most people I had only heard of the RnY and the crapband and was headed to get the RnY at my local chop shop.  People here told me I could be stupid if I wanted to be, but that the DS was a better option and here I am, 2 years later, and so thankful to those people that I just try to pay it forward as best I can.

~Becky

orangecrushed
on 7/27/11 9:45 am - Triad, NC
Hi, welcome to OH!  I am like you... came here dead set on RNY, but changed my mind pretty quickly when I started clicking links and reading some of the postings from some very determined DS'ers!  Thank goodness for them!

Looks like your questions have been answered, and I hear ya when it comes to being overwhelmed.  I had been pouring tons of info into my head regarding the RNY, had to make an abrupt about face and dive into the DS info instead.  I just want to wish you the best of luck on your journey!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join me here: weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

meredith_123
on 7/27/11 9:59 am - Waterford, MI
In response to your question about Biotin, you can get it in the Hair, Skin & Nails pills.  It's a dry pill which had a high dose of Biotin, along with several other vites. 
I usually get it when it's on sale buy 1 get 1 free. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
larra
on 7/27/11 10:29 am - bay area, CA
And one thought  about protein drinks - high protein, LOW carb, and as much fat content as you like. With the DS you will malabsorb roughly 80% of the fat you consume, which is not the case with RNY, so you can expand your list of protein drinks accordingly.
     but there are some of us who use protein drinks rarely, if at all. I prefer to get my nutrition from real, honest to goodness, delicious food. And remember that you can use regular mayo, butter, etc.

Larra
ABath
on 7/28/11 5:49 am - WI
VSG on 11/26/13
Thank you all so very much for your welcome and support. I guess I should clarify one of my questions. The equal carb and protein drinks that the NUT requires is for the pre-op liquid diet. Does this mean that I should def. use her quidelines for the pre-op diet (equal protein/carbs)?

Thanks again. I'm learning so much on this site and I'm trying to only ask questions for those things which I cannot find answers for.

Height: 5'1" HW: 229 SW: 203 CW: 147.7

Recent Topics