One Month Post-Op (long)

powergirl1
on 7/21/11 12:02 pm - Twin Falls , ID

Oops, correction just past the three month mark.

Stephanie

Kayla B.
on 7/21/11 12:03 pm - Austin, TX
Wow--scary.  Thanks for sharing the info about your complication.  I agree that it is so strange for it to have happened so far out from surgery.

Did you end up needing a blood transfusion as well?
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
HealthyNewMe
on 7/21/11 12:56 pm
Wow! Great post Louisa! So glad to hear you are doing better!

HW-SW-GW-CW                                          
380-365-170-160                       

HealthyNewMe

MY DS!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 10:51 pm - Lancaster, OH
1.  It's so good to see you back here posting.
2.  I'm so sorry that you had this complication.
3.  I'm so glad that you chose Dr. Ungson.

And, I'm delighted that you posted the details.  Pre-ops need to know that there can be complications, and, as in your case, that they might not even be due to their weight loss surgery.  Pre-ops who plan on going to Mexico for their DS need to know what an excellent, caring team is there in Hermosillo.  I'm SO glad that your travel buddy got help so quickly, that the response was so rapid, and that they were able to care for you in time.

May this be the only pothole on your road to a healthier, non-obese you!

Thank you again for your post.
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 2:46 pm
Thank you all for your kind words (:

Kayla, I did have a blood transfusion but it wasn't much as they didn't have much O- blood. Apparently that blood type is rather uncommon in Mexico!

Pre-ops, please if you are traveling for surgery TAKE SOMEONE WITH YOU! You just never know. Also if you are going out of country, please get travel insurance. I am so thankful for those two things. Without travel insurance I would be looking at a $10,000 USD hospital bill to cover that I would have had to pay upfront *BEFORE* leaving the hospital.
NoMore B.
on 7/23/11 2:46 am
 Wiow, that had to be scary and I'm sorry it happened to you.  Sometimes people and their surgeons can do everything right, and complications just happen.  Surgery has risks and we all have to make informed decisions.  

Caprice made some great points, it's a good thing you were in Dr Ungson's capable hands.  He has an excellent reputation.