Okay, reviewed my labs . . .

DivaJojo
on 6/9/11 4:17 am, edited 6/9/11 4:20 am - Atlanta, GA
No, don't have the results yet, but finally had a chance to sit down and assure myself that they had ordered everything I requested.  (For the first one I combined Vitalady's everytime and sometimes lists).  The following is what was not ordered:

Homocysteine, Cardio - But they did the B12 and Folate, so I'm wondering if this is okay for now and we can order based on the numbers that come back?

MMA - Again, looks like this shows early Vit B-12 deficiency detection, so again, I'm thinking it's okay this wasn't done since the full B-12 was done.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

LDH - My understanding is this helps identify tissue damage in the system.  Would like to get it for a baseline, but can it be overlooked for now?  I see some of the same items in the CBC panel (like Creatine ).  Advise, please.

PTT, PT and Vitamin K - This is the one I'm upset about because they are all related to vitamin K which is one of the primary vitamins we malabsorb and to exclude all of them completely overlooks my K altogether.  I'm calling today to see if it can be done from what they took yesterday, otherwise, they'll be sticking me again next Friday.  I CANNOT overlook this, especially since I have seen the occasional unexplained bruise (a small one every few months).

Let me know your thoughts.  I'll be going back on Friday to do at least the Vitamin K, let me know if I need to steem-roll them for the others or let the results guide us.

Oh, you guys proll'y already know this, but I found a good comprehensive site talking about labs.  It is:  http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/index.html

You can use the drop down to choose tests, get markers, related tests, other names, etc.  It's a starting resource for me.

Thanks all.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 66 views