Gas Pain

smanning316
on 4/4/11 12:24 pm - Denton, TX
HELP!  I have been experience what I can only call "gas pain" for a while now.  It comes and goes.  No rhyme or reason.  The only relief I can get from it is laying on my side until everything "works itself out".  It is very uncomfortable!  Any suggestions for gas pain???  I also need suggestions for embarrasing odors as well.  But the my priority is for the gas pain and not so much the smelliness. 

Thanks!!!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/4/11 12:31 pm - Tuvalu

I use GasX or any other generic that has simethicone as the active ingredient.  Simethicone breaks up big gas bubbles into little, fartable bubbles.  And then it all goes away.
grannysgirl
on 4/4/11 12:38 pm - kitchener, Canada
Yup,
GasX is really good. I used beano for a while after my surgery as well.
I use Devrom for the smell, basically it is bismuth (like in pepto bismol) really helps in the smell area.
I would also recommend walking, my DS Dr. told me to walk everyday for at least 20 min. It really helped move things along. At first it took all my strength just to go down the hall. But after a couple of weeks I was managing pretty well.

Good luck!

Sue

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 1:18 pm - Yorktown, VA
I read the following recommendation from someone on here a long time ago and it works:

Get on your hands and knees and lower your chest/shoulders to the ground while keeping your butt in the air.  This helps the gas travel "up" and out.

Really, though, you should probably try and find out what's causing the gas and eliminate it.

Good luck!
Linda .
on 4/4/11 1:47 pm - Gilroy, CA
ysset888

I'm having trouble visualizing that position.  Could you please send pictures?

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 61 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 61 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views