Let's share some good protein options for those needing some variety!

Not yo business OH
on 2/20/11 8:14 am
Great Idea Tessy! Thanks everyone! What a way to spark some great ideas!

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
woakley
on 2/20/11 8:45 am - Graham, NC
Tessy What a great thread.  I was getting so tired of what I was eating,  I am only two months out and am already getting tired of meat or maybe the same meats.  All of this is so new having to think about what I eat,  before surgery anything went into the mouth and no thoughts.  Now I have to think about what type of food and what I can get from it.  Thank you for doing this thread this really will helps me out being a newbee to this style of eating.  Thanks for all you do for us newbee's.

Wendy
PamtasticNewLife
on 2/20/11 9:18 am
Egg custard w/ whipped cream on top you can add unflavored or vanilla protein powder to mix before baking to up the protein count
Crawfish tails drenched in butter or cream cheese
Chick kabobs sausage / bell pepper/ onion/ chunk chicken breast repeat sprinkled with Tonys Creole seasoning and wrapped in bacon deep fry
Wendys side salad topped with chili, sour cream,and cheese Earlier out this would make me 3 meals
Pepperoni crisps
Boiled sausage sliced served with ketchup and mustard
This was a great idea BOOKMARKED! Thank you

GloryG
on 2/20/11 9:30 am
Great idea. Thanks! I am not much of a cook, but I think I can throw some of these together.
zuzupetals2u2
on 2/20/11 11:02 am - Sedona, AZ
I just made a bif pot of chili tonite and dont think I saw that on the list . . . .it's YUM -  I include onions and ortega chiles and some kidney beans & pinto pins (canned) and can tomato sauce & stewed tomatoes but is pretty low carb & high protein also!  I printed this post too!! THANKS EVERYONE!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

bufedwards
on 2/20/11 11:20 am - Hustonville, KY
 Awesome!  I've copied all these over for when I finally get to eat some food!!!!!

Highest Weight:  564 /  Post Band Pre DS Weight:  508 / Surgey Date Weight:  449
Current Weight:  209 / Goal Weight:  150 (BMI of 25).

kat08
on 2/20/11 11:27 am - Matthews, NC
Thank you for starting this thread!  I have bookmarked it for when I need ideas post surgery.
Keep the ideas coming!  I love this! :)
overit_11
on 2/20/11 11:43 am
Yes, Thank you everyone!! I had forgotten about the steakumms. Those are yummy and I WIll be getting them tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/11 11:11 pm - Yorktown, VA
Something else I forgot was meatloaf made with crushed pork rinds instead of bread crumbs.

Oh, and pork rinds are good if you're looking for something crunchy, but you can't count the protein in them towards your protein numbers because it's such a crappy form of protein that it's not really absorbed.

Chad also posted once about making lasagna, but using the thin deli sliced chicken breast instead of noodles.  I never tried it, but it sounds good!
teachmid
on 2/20/11 11:28 pm - OKC, OK
Great ideas. Thanks.

Gail
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165