First Check-Up.....

Heres2anewme
on 1/16/11 2:25 am - TX
Hopefully if something is bothering her it will quickly fade and she'll be better. I know she can't see this but I wish her the best.

I'm not sure how I offended her or if she was mistaken me for someone else that she had been supporting in the past. I don't really know her and this really caught me off guard.
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

jewel506
on 1/10/11 10:19 am, edited 1/10/11 10:20 am - Houston, TX

I have to agree with Eileen - that NUT is giving you RNY info.

Ketosis IS a good thing!!  Years ago I went through a medically supervised program at a very well thought of hospital - and we were supposed to stay in ketosis!!

Full strength juice is not only going to slow your weight loss down, it is probably going to give you diarrhea - or at the very least, some nasty gas.

Please listen to the vets here!  They DO know what they're talking about and are willing to share their wisdom so that you will have the best health - and weight loss - possible. :-)

Eat every couple of hours.  You'll feel better, do better in getting in your protein, your body will work better/more efficiently AND you'll do better with your weight loss!!

Congrats on your weight loss since surgery!  You're on your way!

Julie

ETA: As far as ketosis being 'hard on your organs' - IF there is any truth to that.... that's one of the many reasons you are encouraged to drink AT LEAST 64 oz of fluids each day.  The water will flush the impurities out of your body. :-)

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

Heres2anewme
on 1/10/11 10:27 am - TX
Thank you for the encouragement.

I've said it before that I prefer reading what has been written here because I know the vets have been there and done that. I've also said that the Nut lost me right along the lines of "No BACON"...lol.
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Linda .
on 1/10/11 11:05 am - Gilroy, CA
I think you might have misunderstand the reason for increasing water intake.  When you're in ketosis you are burning lots more fat, resulting in more impurities in your organs.  It's good to increase your fuid intake to wash the impurities through your system faster.
Heres2anewme
on 1/10/11 11:15 am - TX

??

The only person that suggested increasing my water was Julie, and I thanked her for the info. The Nut suggested three days of 16-24 oz of 100% juice.

I Being A Mommy!!

Kathleen F.
on 1/10/11 11:27 am
Weird about the juice. I remember being told in no uncertain to not drink juice!
Heres2anewme
on 1/10/11 11:54 am - TX
I was told the exact same thing during my nutritional. They did give me what tasted like diluted apple and grape juice when I was in the hospital as part of my clear liquids.
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

bookfaerie
on 1/10/11 1:35 pm
 FWIW: I think for the post op period, weight loss should be the least of the worries. Healing is all that matters. Toward that end, drink plenty of hydrating fluids, eat lots of quality protein and complex carbs...and quite frankly whatever stays down. Be kind to your innards. Let them heal. 
There's time enough after healing to work your tool. Right now, I say let your tool heal. JMO FWIW.
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
Heres2anewme
on 1/11/11 5:56 am, edited 1/11/11 5:58 am - TX
I agree and according to what my doctor and body are telling me I'm healing quite well. Along with that I'm getting my protein in, vites in and dropping lbs. I'm equally excited about healing and working my tool.
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Piliper
on 1/16/11 3:04 am
 Your NUT is clueless on so many levels. Listen to the advice on this board. Don't do the juice, that's just ignorant. Eat whatever you can and snack away.

SW: 383 GW: 180 CW: 157

Recent Topics