First Check-Up.....

Heres2anewme
on 1/10/11 9:30 am, edited 1/10/11 9:32 am - TX
Doc is happy with my progress. She explained why she removed my appendix. Normally if you have an open DS she takes it out because the scar tissue that results from an open DS is HUGE and if there was anything ever wrong with your appendix it could be hard to get to. She took mine because the lymphs around it were swollen. She didn't want it to turn into appendicitis so she took preventitive measures. She also biopsied my liver because it was looking enlarged. All biopsies came back negative. Keep doing what I'm doing and she'll see me in 3 months. A hernia was also removed.

The Nut wants me to keep with 3 meals a day along with protein drinks. Noooo snack time yet. There is a serious part that I'm confused about though. Always thought Ketosis was a negative thing, I'd heard it referred to negatively until reading here. From my breath today and the taste in my mouth I complained about she's guessing I'm in Ketosis. I read up on it last night and it didn't sound so bad...fat burning, I like that idea. WELL, her suggestion about this is that we need me out of Ketosis so I'm to drink 16-24 oz 100% juice for the next three days. She said that Ketosis is hard on the organs??!!

Well, this is the fun part. I have TWO weight loss numbers. I can either say I've lost 26 lbs or I can say I've lost 40 lbs...I think I'm going with the FORTY POUNDS!!!  When I checked into the hospital the day of surgery I weighed in at 347 (a 14 lb loss from my consult) I left the hospital at 361. They said this was normal to have "some" fluid gain. My hand and arm were swollen from my IV going crazy and that looked like it weighed 5 lbs alone..lol. Sooooo from the time of discharge until today when I weighed in at 321 there has been a 40 lb lost.
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/11 10:04 am
That's great Jamille, congrats on that 40 lbs! Not so sure about your NUT and her reasoning for 3 meals a day.  I preferred to graze, especially early out. Not so sure about the full strength juice either. Ketosis is a good thing. Is there some medical reason your NUT is wanting to slow your weight loss by taking you out of ketosis? Sounds like your well meaning NUT is treating you like an RNY patient instead of a DSer.
Heres2anewme
on 1/10/11 10:09 am - TX
She just said that it was hard on the organs. I've read on here and online elsewhere that it was a good sign that your carbs were down and fat was being burned.
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

beemerbeeper
on 1/10/11 10:15 am - AL
You have to choose whether to listen to your NUT who is so wrong it is ridiculous or to listen to us.

Snacks are perfectly ******g FINE as long as they are protein.

You did not get a damned RnY.

Drinking juice is the stupidest thing I have EVER heard of. Don't you WANT to loose weight?

Christ.

I hope someone can explain to you why your NUT is an idiot because obviously all my efforts to support you have fallen on deaf ears.

~B

Heres2anewme
on 1/10/11 10:24 am - TX
Whoa, you should probably calm down. I didn't say anything other than it was her suggestion. I was simply reporting on what I was told today at my first check up. Geesh.
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

beemerbeeper
on 1/10/11 11:42 am - AL
Well you certainly did not make it clear that you understood that her advice was wrong. For any lurkers out there reading that they may feel that that was appropriate advise.

Since you didn't say one way or the other whether you agreed with the advise what was I supposed to do, read your mind?

So what ARE you going to do with that advise?

~B

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 11:45 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
On January 10, 2011 at 6:24 PM Pacific Time, Heres2anewme wrote:
Whoa, you should probably calm down. I didn't say anything other than it was her suggestion. I was simply reporting on what I was told today at my first check up. Geesh.
Jammy, Why is this whack ***** going off on you ?
Heres2anewme
on 1/16/11 1:32 am - TX
Be nice now!!!

I'm guessing you are talking about Beemerbeeper? I'm not sure what the problem was but she blocked me after this. I was confused by it all. She was talking to me like I was a child and also like she had been helping me with something. Neither being true.

'Tis ok, several helpful people here that I can learn from.
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 3:00 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Oh okay, I just don't like the idea of her being *****y to someone as sweet as you.. I'ma go back to the other board now.
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 2:05 am
On January 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
You have to choose whether to listen to your NUT who is so wrong it is ridiculous or to listen to us.

Snacks are perfectly ******g FINE as long as they are protein.

You did not get a damned RnY.

Drinking juice is the stupidest thing I have EVER heard of. Don't you WANT to loose weight?

Christ.

I hope someone can explain to you why your NUT is an idiot because obviously all my efforts to support you have fallen on deaf ears.

~B
Becky,

Are you having a bad day??

You seem to be "going off" on a few people lately and I am wondering if there is a problem that any of us can help you with??

Hugs,
Michele