Update on Linda - not good...need prayers and critters in the air

kjfras
on 12/11/10 2:23 am - North Lauderdale, FL
I got off the phone with Gordon a few minutes ago - things are not looking great but then again he is a bit of a self-proclaimed pessimist which I told him he needs to be optomistic at a time like this....

Linda went into surgery about 8pm last night and got done about 2:30 am.  Dr.I said it was bad, real bad.  According to Gordon, the staples had pulled out from her stomach/intestine anastomosis which caused a massive infection and lack of blood supply to the surgical area.  Dr.I had to clean out the infected part, cut out some of the dead intestines, restaple her pouch together (couldn't do the sleeve because of the infection of the tissues) and re-attach the intestines to the new pouch. 

She is in a medically-induced coma right now in ICU with drains, feeding tube, breathing tube and ventilator.  Dr.I said he expects her to be in ICU for at least 7-10 days and then in a regular room to close to a month.  She is not out of the woods yet.  Dr.I is putting together a team of doctors who will be able to put her back together during her long road of recovery.  They are hoping they caught the infection early enough.

Gordon must go back to work by Tuesday and there is no one else to stay.  I'm not sure if we have members in NYC that at some point later will be able to go by and visit her.  I know she will need company...

With your prayers I know Linda can make it thru this fight....she's a strong woman.

Thanks - keep everyone posted as I know more.

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

Chad M.
on 12/11/10 2:27 am - Indianapolis, IN
I have never heard of anything like this. She's in my prayers.
yes4Jess
on 12/11/10 2:28 am - somewhere, MI
:( That is so scary!!!  I just cried reading that.  *sigh*  I am so sorry that ANYONE has to deal with this kind of thing.  I really hope that her body can BEAT this thing. I am sure Gordon is just very scared.  prayers and swinging critters and a heart wishing for her recovery asap.
5'5" HW-344 (10/4/09) SW-295 (10/7/10) CW-161 GW-144
Never give up, Never surrender! ~Galaxy Quest

First person to tell me I took the "easy" way out is getting a black eye!

jacq0122
on 12/11/10 3:40 am - TX
Hi, 
      I just wanted to comment on your signature statement.  The first person who says I took the easy way out is getting a black eye.  And in my case a bloody nose too. 
Jacque 

wildewoman
on 12/11/10 2:29 am
Oh my goodness... critters swinging and prayers being sent up. Wow...

~Martie~
"And pride - don't keep it all inside.  Don't keep your aching celebrating, wonder-making heart alone.  Write your own song!"

HW 360 / SW 347 / CW 198 / GW 180    Angel to Relifeagain (Marz)

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/10 2:32 am
What a horrific situation. I am swinging everything I can find for Linda. She and her family are in my thoughts. I hope the team of doctors can pull her swiftly out of the danger zone. 

Thank you for keeping us updated. 
amccu18007
on 12/11/10 2:36 am - Newark, DE
I am so saddened to hear this. I am swinging everything that I have for her. Thank you for the update.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

teachmid
on 12/11/10 2:41 am - OKC, OK
I, too, am saddened to hear this.  She has my thoughts and prayers.

Gail
Babydoll25
on 12/11/10 2:42 am - White Lake Township, MI
 Oh no... this breaks my heart Swinging all I've got and praying for Linda!
*Heather*                 

MajorMom
on 12/11/10 2:55 am - VA
Sending up prayers and swinging lizards for Linda. Thank you for being her angel and keeping us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny