FIRST BLOOD TESTS BACK

Elizabeth N.
on 12/11/10 4:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
All the work has long since been done for you. Click on the Googledocs link and USE IT. Order the tried and true, trusted supplements from Vitalady. Just DO IT. If you want everything spoonfed to you, at least use what's already available instead of asking people to redo all the work for you.
angie51
on 12/10/10 9:43 am - Dallas, GA
WHY isshe the only place to get these?  They do not have them anywhere but from her?  I have no problems with vl but would like to know this.

P. Poster
on 12/10/10 9:51 am
 She is the only place to get them because she also has had WLS and understands our special needs and the super doses of these vitamins that we need.  So, she created the vitamins in the right formulation and high doses, in easy to swallow and small capsules.  And, they are priced very well, considering.

You CAN get the dry formulations of the vites we need from other places, but, they will NOT have them in the dose we need.  So, you can get them elsewhere, but you will just have to take about half a bottle of them each a day to get the right amount in your system.  Not very cost effective.
angie51
on 12/10/10 9:03 pm - Dallas, GA
So u r saying she actually makes vitamins?  I have just never heard of people making vitamins.

MajorMom
on 12/10/10 9:17 pm - VA
She doesn't make the vitamins but has found producers such as BioTech Pharm and Colorado Labs, etc. She's put them all together for the various surgery types. That's why folks keep giving you the link to her DS plan. This is the basic plan DSrs can start with and tweak as their labs come back. Follow her plan and buy the equivalent anywhere you can find them. She's already done it for you, now you just reap the benefit.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

P. Poster
on 12/11/10 1:14 am
 It's obvious you are resistant to going with Vitalady.  SO, take her schedule, and her recommended list of vites in the RIGHT doses of what we need, and go to the Vitamin Shoppe and find what you need there.  OR, just ignore all the help, advice and time people have put in here and elsewhere figuring ALL of this out and making it easy for you, so as to help you with your health and well being, and keep on doing what you are doing and see where it gets you.  I guarantee it will take a lot more of your time and money to get you pulled out of the malnutrition and deficiency hell you are racing towards full steam.  Especially with this flippant and confrontational attitude...  /smdh.  Done.
angie51
on 12/11/10 4:25 am - Dallas, GA
This is my life and of course I want to gather all the info I can before I make a decision like this.  Try not to be so confrontational and u might help someone.
done

Elizabeth N.
on 12/11/10 4:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
If you don't want people to be confrontational, a) do a little of your own damned work and b) when people have given you advice, spoonfed it to you when you obviously don't click on links and read, at least TAKE THE ADVICE.

You haven't done a damned thing but take take take from this board since you got here. It's time to grow the **** UP and start acting like an adult about this.

Alternativelly, just believe your surgeon that everything is WONDERFUL and go on with your life. Fergawdsakes, QUIT WHINING at the people you want to help you.
Kathleen F.
on 12/11/10 5:09 am

What you are being offered is the combined experience of many others as to what does and doesn't work for people who have our type of surgery. Why reinvent the wheel? The experience of many is that you indeed need to take very large doses of certain vitamins. Especially D and A.

People who have our degree of malabsorption are relatively rare, so the supplements in the doses we need is just not widely available. Vitalady has done the legwork for us in researching and finding the sources to get the doses we need. Now, my local vitamin shop guy did find another source for mega doses of dry D3, but so far no one else seems to have come across it yet.

If you are really not comfortable in ordering from Vitalady, you could go to Vitacost and order your D3 there. A quick look there shows me that it is possible now to get D3 up to 10,000 IUs. (all the recent news about D3 has really spurred the vitamin people to produce larger doses) and just take 5 to 10 of those a day.

It's your call. You are only being given the advice you asked for.

Elizabeth N.
on 12/12/10 4:07 am - Burlington County, NJ
I just looked through her posting history. She has a pattern of ignoring anything remotely resembling expert advice, disappearing without so much as a murmur of thanks for the good input people give her, and *****ing and whining when someone points this out or gives her any other snippet of reality that doesn't fit with her kitten avi. And she didn't come here till she was postop, so we know how much information she gathered before getting sliced and diced. Good Lord.