FIRST BLOOD TESTS BACK

Larissa P.
on 12/8/10 10:30 pm, edited 12/8/10 10:34 pm - Denton, TX
Iron - the best is Proferrin (vitalady sells it, cut in half when you take it - take both halves at once), but there are others that people take - polysaccharrides and carbonyl. DO NOT take ferrous fumerate or sulfate, they are useless to us and constipating as all get out.

Extra A is important - at least 50,000 IUs but some take 3-4x that amount.

You increase albumin by increasing your protein intake. Best is adding a couple of protein shakes a day, as well as eating all the protein you can.

Cholesterol I think will either work itself out as you lose weight, or you would have to talk to your doctor about controling it. I don't think you can effect it with diet or supplements, but others might have some more wisdom on that than me.

This is important - are you following the recommended schedule for DSers?

Vitalady:  https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU46vLsRDC9rZGhranhtcXpfM TFocmh6OTJkNA&hl=en

Dr Balthasar:  http://www.bodybybaltasar.com/DS_vitamins.pdf

Why don't you list your vitamins and schedule so we can help you tweak.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
angie51
on 12/9/10 10:01 am - Dallas, GA
Here is what I take.

MEMBERS MARK

ALL DAY EXTENDED RELEASE CALCIUM 600MG WITH VITAMIN D3

INGREDIENTS:  CALCIUM CARBONATE

12PM

4PM

8PM

OR

CITRACAL CALCIUM CITRATE PLUS D3

PETITES

2 PETITES AT

12PM

4PM

8PM

OR

PHARMASSURE

CALCIUM 600 WITH VITAMIN D

12 PM

4 PM

8 PM

SOURCE CF SOFTGELS

WITH A,B,D,E,AND K PLUS ZINC

1 AT

12PM

4PM

8PM

MULTI VITAMIN IS EQUATE COMPLETE MULITVITAMIN

10 AM

10PM

B12 CELEBRATE SUBLINGUAL

1,000MCG

8 AM

OR

B12 SPRING VALLEY SUBLINGUAL DOTS

500 MCG

2 AT 8AM

D3 IN A DROPPER

STOP AGING NOW

400IU

2 DROPPERS A DAY AT BEDTIME

P. Poster
on 12/9/10 11:13 am
 Woah.  No, no.  Who gave you these recommendations?  None of these are things that work for DSers!

NO calcium carbonate- use only calcium citrate.  1800mg per day or more, broken into 500mg max doses at a time.  NO extended release stuff (it does not work for us at all, not enough time in our systems to fully release).  This means you should have at least 4 doses of calcium per day.

Softgels- are oil based.  We do not absorb these due to our fat malabsorption.  You need DRY vitamins.  And you need to separate these out so you can adjust the doses to meet your needs.  Each vitamin should be a separate pill.

B12- you need to be taking 5000mcg per day- so either 5 of the Celebrate of a whole crapton of the Spring Valley.

D3- again, needs to be a DRY formulation.  Not sure what the liquid is in the one you are taking, but if it's oil based, it does you no good.  PLUS you need to be taking a LOT more of it than you are.  More like 50,000 IU or more (and the small amounts in the multi, calcium and other things you take don't count towards that 50,000) per day based on your labs.

The multi should be fine.  

You really should be on the Vitalady plan.  What you are on now will have you in a world of hurt very very quickly.  You are already quite deficient in some things, stop the downward trend now.
angie51
on 12/9/10 11:44 am - Dallas, GA
OMG

wELL HELLS BELLS

TELL me what you take and I will duplicate it.

P. Poster
on 12/9/10 11:46 am
angie51
on 12/9/10 12:04 pm - Dallas, GA
so how do i find these?

P. Poster
on 12/9/10 12:51 pm, edited 12/9/10 12:51 pm
 You can get them all from Vitalady, or you can piece them together from a mix of her and other places.  You will need to get the A, D, E & K from her for sure (she is the only place that has the type and dose we need).  The rest you can find at Sams, Costco, Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, ect- wherever is the cheapest for you.  

Here is where I get mine and the costs-

Get at Costco (prices listed are at Costco)- 
Vitamin C 1000mg- $17.00 for 8 months
Multi- $15.00 for 8 months
Sublingual B12- $16.00 for 4 months
Calcium Citrate- $11.00 for 2 1/2 months
B-100 Complex- $14.00 for 8 months    

Get from VitaLady-
Vitamin A 25,000IU- $12.00 for 3 months (taking 2 per day, her schedule has you take 4 a day, but I needed less)
Vitamin D3 50,000IU- $45.00 for 3 months (taking 2 per day- her schedule only has you take 1 a day, but I needed more)
Vitamin E 400mg- $26.99 for 3 months (taking 2 per day- her schedule has you take 2 per day) Magnesium Citrate 250mg- $8.99 for 4 months Country Life Brand (taking 1 per day- this gives you 250mg, she recommends 280mg)
Zinc 50mg- $14.00 for 3 months (taking 2 per day- her schedule has you take 2 per day) Vitamin B9- $5.26 for 3 months Superior Source sublingual (taking 1 per day- her schedule has you take 1)

I get my iron from Colorado Labs (Proferrin ES) and my magnesium oxide wherever I can find it on sale.      

Total every 3 months= $185.24 Monthly ~$61
angie51
on 12/9/10 1:06 pm - Dallas, GA
I will pay u if u will make me a complete list of the name and amt and where to find each one and when and how much to take.  I work 50 hrs a week and barely have time to focus on this enough to figure it out.  I will pay you to list this so
i can just go buy it.  Im not lazy just that my job is in high season and
i have no quality time it would take to do this correctly.
Let me know what u charge for this.  I would need a complete list and amt as well as name and store.  Pics of the bottle would help too.  Did u see the blood results I posted above?  I feel fine except im tired.
let me know as i realize my dr said they look great but has not asked me what vits i am taking.
Sorry for messy typing- Im typing in bed and just took my ambien. lol

MajorMom
on 12/9/10 6:41 pm - VA
Angie, it might be easier to just call Vitalady's folks at (253) 848-5118 and ask them to put together a 30 or 90 day DS order for you and ask for capsules where possible rather than pills. I am all over one-stop-shopping and just buy everything from her including protein powders (IDS vanilla-cinnamon big bucket and Syntrax Nectar chocolate). It's an extremely time efficient way to do it. There's no shipping cost if you order $300 or more.

--gina

Link to Vitalady's DS plan: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU46vLsRDC9rZGhranhtcXpfM TFocmh6OTJkNA&hl=en

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

_Leslie_
on 12/11/10 12:25 am - Franklin, WI
ay yi yi angie!

how come this wasnt taken care of before your DS? Or after your DS while recovering?

u can't pay someone to be your health advocate!!

i know times are tough and ppl work a lot... but u gotta take ur health seriously and research what this DS is and what u need to remain healthy and live a long life!!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010