Dr Greenbaum no longer doing open DS revisions

jandbmama
on 9/15/10 2:09 pm - Frederick, MD
Exactly what I was told recently as well.
Becky
Blank Out
on 9/15/10 11:37 am
 Rabkin and Kershishian (can't spell it) in California.  Yes, you will have to travel!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/10 11:42 am - Bayonne, NJ
I wouldn't settle for the distal rny. It causes too many problems in the long run. I would hold off unti you talk to Tina and find out what's going on, but honestly, if he's no longer going to do revisions to the DS, I'd look elsewhere.

Makes me damned glad I got in last year when I did.
leslieanne729
on 9/15/10 12:27 pm

DITTO to what Bailymouse said

To many problems   &   still a pouch  &  dumping

RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
baylady35310
on 9/15/10 1:12 pm - Millsboro, DE
Everyone, I did talk to Tina at Dr. Greenbaum's office and "at this time Dr. Greenbaum is not doing any revisions from RNY to DS", I will go back and ask her if he will be doing them after the first of the year to clarify.  I would have thought she would have said he will give you a date after the first of the year after your appeal has been approved.  But she does not volunteer information and I find her very difficult to work with, I will let you know what I learn.  Thanks all for the information.  I will keep you updated.

Linda
Elizabeth N.
on 9/15/10 10:51 pm - Burlington County, NJ

Oh, okay, nothing new, then.

Monique H.
on 9/15/10 3:47 pm
I just wanted to say that distal rny and erny are two different things. Distal doesn't bypass as much intestine as erny. erny has a common channel I think of 75-150 not absolutely positve. When my surgeon revised me to a distal he bypassed 125 more cm of intestine. I didn't have the results everyone else did. I lost 36 pounds and 22 of that was in the first 3 weeks because I was to sick to do anything but drink water. after that I stayed within the calories of 800-1000 and usually worked out 2 hours at least 5 days a week, but I always tell people 1.5 - 2 hours 4-6 days a week because I did have church things on some days and couldn't make it. I said all that to say that the results for me weren't good and all I really have to show for it is hypoglycemia. That doesn't mean it will be the same for you I just wanted to share my experience. I also just found out that the department of managed healthcare overturned my denial to have revision to ds, so don't give up just fight for what you want and need. I wanted ds instead of distal but because of insurance I settled and have wasted 2 years of my life.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 70 views