Dr Greenbaum no longer doing open DS revisions

neacres100
on 9/15/10 8:59 am - NJ
Oh, ok.   So sorry to hear all of it. 

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Jennifer D.
on 9/15/10 10:23 am
I had wondered the same thing
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
sandy_mt
on 9/15/10 9:06 am
 Hi Linda-

I called his office a few weeks ago, and I also was told that he is no longer doing revisions.  I'm working on gaining approval to have Dr. Rabkin perform my revision from RNY to DS in San Francisco (I live in Ohio).

Good luck!
Sandy
lovemypugs
on 9/15/10 9:27 am - VA
Do you know if he is no longer doing open DS revisions period or just not accepting new patients for open DS revisions to new patients? I saw him in November 2009 and got my approval today. I'm going to call his office tomorrow to find out more.
strawberry28
on 9/15/10 9:49 am - somewhere, MD
Oh man..What a blow.

Have you looked into or considered Dr. Elariny.  He does the RNY to DS revision laproscopic.  Awesome surgeon, with mad skills
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

ladynitewolf
on 9/15/10 10:25 am - BFE, CA
Guys, are you sure this isn't part of his thing of putting all revisions to DS on hold until after the first of the year because of the backup? Let's not panic and say he isn't doing revisions anymore.

~ Sarah P. 
Ask me about pregnancy after the Duodenal Switch!

They're here! My surro-sons were born July 21, 2009. Welcome to the world, Benjamin and Daniel. We love you very much!

Elizabeth N.
on 9/15/10 10:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
My thoughts exactly. This kind of "announcement" carries no weight for me.
Elizabeth N.
on 9/15/10 10:40 am - Burlington County, NJ
Who told you this, when, and why?

Dr. Greenbaum has NEVER done lap revisions, so I want to know, is he no longer doing revisions? Has he gone to lap revisions? What do you mean, who gave you permission to publish this as fact, and why?
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/10 11:03 am
jersey_girl29
on 9/15/10 11:08 am - NJ
I think you should call the office and talk to Tina. When it was posted a while ago that Dr. Greenbaum was not doing any DS (revison or virgin) until after January, I called the office to check and the woman who answered the phone told me it was true. I later spoke to Tina and she stated that he was still doing virgin DS, and was holding off on the revisions until January. So call and check. If you don't get Tina directly, leave a message and she will call you back.
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 70 views