Obamacare hits home ~

DaveV64
on 8/12/10 9:29 am
I like to be generous with my money not let some scumbag politician do it by force. Always remember conservatives are much more charitable than liberals. We just like choice and the constitution.

STLfan
on 8/12/10 2:57 am
Well well well, I see that there are many that haven't dealt with pre-existing conditions and what that means. My wife has had MS for 20yrs but the last two have been the hardest and now she has had to retire and her MS is not covered at all by ANY plan. Now at 6-8 thousand a month how long do you think we can keep up her treatments? Oh wait we can get help but first we need to be destitute, right now we don't qualify for anything as we have been saving all our lives and have money! Well I guess that's the luck of the draw and we should buck up and accept our future poverty. Pulling ourselves up by our boot strings has little effect when they are broken. The health care system is broken and needs to be fixed and fast , I believe in single payer and mandates so take that to heart when your thinking about what would Jesus Do! Until Jesus lays hands on and cures us all then health care should be a right not a privilege and if you believe in pro life believe in pro life for every human being .
Jeff                    
Laurie D.
on 8/12/10 3:27 am - minden, NE
AMEN! 
SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/10 6:18 am
"AMEN!"

Heh.  Let's hope you're not a Christian shouting "Amen!" to the person who advocates leaving the poor behind.

Matthew 25:35-43
35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

DaveV64
on 8/12/10 9:23 am, edited 8/12/10 10:08 am
I think Jesus wants us to help the poor but not at the tip of a "roman" spear. We give a lot to charity but it is voluntary. Taxes get paid because we will go to jail if we dont. I find it ironic that statists blame health care companies for their profit motives but never question politicians motives. They just want power. We need to look at the cost of health care not forcing insurance companies to "pay" for things they never agreed to pay for. The goal of the statist is to force the insurance companies out of business so we all have the same crappy government run health care. As for the poor " eating their children" perhaps they should consider their cir****tances before they have kids. That is what a responsible person does.

But be of good cheer the silent majority is silent no more. In a war between the provider class and recipient class the recipient class can never win. The well is already dry and overdrawn

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/12/10 9:32 am - Tuvalu
On August 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM Pacific Time, DaveV64 wrote:
I think Jesus wants us to help the poor but not at the tip of a "roman" spear. We give a lot to charity but it is voluntary. Taxes get paid because we will go to jail if we dont. I find it ironic that statists blame health care companies for their profit motives but never question politicians motives. They just want power. We need to look at the cost of health care not forcing insurance companies to "pay" for things they never agreed to pay for. The goal of the statist is to force the insurance companies out of business so we all have the same crappy government run health care. As for the poor " eating their children" perhaps they should consider their cir****tances before they have kids. That is what a responsible person does.

But bee of good cheer the silent majority is silent no more. In a war between the provider class and recipient class the recipient class can never win. The well is already dry and overdrawn

Funny that you think that those who disagree with you are part of your "recipient class."  What makes you think you pay more taxes--and receive fewer government benefits--than I do?

And why is it that some of y'all think that government "wastes" money and Wellpoint does not when it hands close to $10 million per year to its top exec?  To me, THAT is a waste as well.  And, just for fun, I own WLP stock.
DaveV64
on 8/12/10 10:01 am
I assume nothing. You may very well pay much more. The point is if person "a" is forced to pay for housing, healthcare ,food etc for person "B" how can those two people be considered equal.

I could care less how much money any private company pays any of it's employees. I can choose not to patronize them. Let me opt out of social security, Medicare, medicaid and all other" great" government programs and I won't care how they are run either. Since I haven choice in paying I want everyone to pay equally. Except for illegals deport them asap.

girlygirl1313
on 8/12/10 9:44 am - Davidson, NC
 Hey Dave, you wouldn't happen to be a Wilkow fan would you?  " All hail the recipient!"

DaveV64
on 8/12/10 10:18 am
I have heard him once or twice. I will wait until my health insurance company raises our rates then I will send all of my employees a notice that we will no longer pay for their health insurance courtesy of President Obama, Speaker Pelosi and Senator Reid. That will most likely convert any remaining numbskulls. I don't think I have libs as a general rule I would never hire anyone that stupid.

STLfan
on 8/12/10 10:52 am
The insurance companies were and still are raising their rates regardless of what President Obama or Speaker Pelosi or Majority Leader Reid do and because YOU decide your employees are unworthy of coverage has nothing to do with any of this. Being stupid is not what this is about it is about getting health care for everyone who needs it. Plus if your employees have any idea how deliberately crass and shallow and lacking in morals you are ...as demonstrated by your posts.......then they must be stupid to continue to work for you. How about that for vitriol that matches your insane diatribe. You blame everybody but you and your ilk for the past 10yrs!
Jeff                    
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 60 views