Obamacare hits home ~

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/10 3:55 am - Minneapolis area, MN
Yes, and I forgot to congratulate you for recognizing that!  A fellow Trekkie, yay!! 
manditude
on 8/11/10 4:16 am
Lol, yes, I am definitely a trekkie. My parents named me after Spock's mom. I lived in Riverside, Iowa for 7 years (future birthplace of James T. Kirk)... my neighbors on the west were Klingon, and on the east were Amish. =]

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/10 4:06 am - Minneapolis area, MN
Aw, thank you.  I have to confess, though, Mandi's right.

I'd link the youtube clip of Data reciting the poem, but that scene was so poorly done, it doesn't really even make much sense.  Spiner read the first line as a question when it's really a statement, and the audience reactions didn't match the performance (except Frakes' [the bearded guy], because he was suffering from sleep depravation.)

Aw, what the heck--here it is anyway:

www.youtube.com/watch
beemerbeeper
on 8/11/10 5:54 am - AL
Amen.

* Gail R *
on 8/11/10 4:20 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Posting political views is not advisable on non political forums. It divides people that need to work together. Having said that I should stop- but having a son who will soon age out of our insurance and who has type one diabetes, a 93 year old mother, and a sister that died of cancer after being dropped by her insurance when she was ill, well you know where I stand on all this. We haven't even started any of the new health care programs so the insurance company is just using this as an excuse. I would think they could be fined for fraudulent practices. Believe me, my family pays very high taxes, but I am happy that finally some of that money is being channeled to the right cause.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

"Just Elizabeth "
on 8/11/10 2:52 pm - Houston, TX
Posting political views is not advisable on non political forums

I disagree. Especially about this topic. This effects everyone who will need medical care i.e. EVERYONE!! This is a lively debate and allows people to see both sides.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

mquirkygirl
on 8/11/10 10:15 am - New York City, NY
Cheese is good.  Pretty sure that is something we can all agree on.

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165

Crazeru
on 8/11/10 11:30 am
Bacon is better though

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

girlygirl1313
on 8/11/10 10:23 pm - Davidson, NC
and when cheese and bacon come together in one meal, world peace is achieved.

mquirkygirl
on 8/12/10 12:57 am - New York City, NY
You are right.  Bacon > cheese.  However, baby back ribs are > bacon AND cheese.

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165

Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 62 views