Dr. John Husted ???

Chad M.
on 5/22/10 8:17 am - Indianapolis, IN
I PM'd back and forth with him when I was having complications. He even replied on a holiday weekend.
ladynitewolf
on 5/22/10 1:02 pm - BFE, CA
He answered the phone when I was in the hospital last year with the emergency with the twins and talked my husband down from killing the doctors at Loma Linda. and it only peripherally had to deal with my DS - I mean, I was there for pregnancy complications, not DS complications. He didn't care. He had a DSer in some kind of trouble and he was there to help. There is a REASON why if anything happens with me there is only ONE surgeon I'm going to, and that's him.

~ Sarah P. 
Ask me about pregnancy after the Duodenal Switch!

They're here! My surro-sons were born July 21, 2009. Welcome to the world, Benjamin and Daniel. We love you very much!

Georgina R.
on 5/23/10 3:33 am - Bakersfield, CA
He's a gem, I tells ya!  A gem!
JROLFSON
on 5/25/10 5:02 am - St. George, UT
After reading every post in this thread I want to tell you, I'm no beginner at WLS...(3) under my belt, I'm ashamed to say, original stomach stapling, revision to rny and revision to erny...I was one of the Husted cheerleaders at one time and actually had made the decision to make the treck to Kentucky...But money, insurance just wasn't in the cards for me...But the DS is what I always wanted...I ended up with an ERNY...Need I say more....

I read throughout these posts all the pros and cons surrounding Dr. Husted and honestly how do you trust a surgeon who moves, and moves, and moves, and moves? It's a huge factor and question and in reference to his surgical skill...wasn't he the surgeon who left a surgical tool in the body cavity of a patient that became seriously infected and the patient nearly lost their life? Hmmmm?

But the biggest thing for me and what sent me to check out Dr. K was Dr. Husted who told me by phone that if I couldn't come to Kentucky that there was no better surgeon in the "WORLD" than Dr. K....Yep right out of the Dr.'s mouth himself...I just wished I had gone to Dr. K in the very, very first place because I lived in Bakersfield for 30 years and he was in my own backyard the whole time...Dumb, really, really dumb...

For anyone contemplating surgery especially revisions...be smart...don't just listen to the cheerleaders for one surgeon on this board...get on the websites in the counties where the surgeons practice and enter their names in the court websites to see if they have previous, pending or closed malpractice suits...Check with the AMA...check with the state medical boards...Do your homework...Don't consider a surgeon who has moved his practice every 3-4 years...

I consider myself lucky because I was one of those taken in by experiences of others on this board...so desperate to lose weight again...What I mean by that is I ended up with a type of surgery I really didn't want, by a surgeon that turns out is not always honest and has a few unscrupulous ways...Again, I was lucky I've done well with my revision but I should have been more diligent and not in such a hurry to get it done...I'm just saying...don't be so desperate that your willing to give your life for it...

JRolfson
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 60 views