Dr. John Husted ???

pam_b
on 5/21/10 11:39 am
what happened to Larissa
Nicolle
on 5/21/10 11:47 am
Larissa is home now and doing okay, thank God. She, despite the advice and warnings of many, many veterans here, went to Mexico and had the DS with a particular surgeon. It did not go particularly well.

She posted today in this forum about her current status.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

pam_b
on 5/21/10 11:47 am, edited 5/21/10 11:50 am
Sorry for the duplicate posts. I didn't think it was being posted.
Happy to hear she is home.
Nicolle
on 5/21/10 12:36 pm
Me, too!!!

Nicolle

Redhaired
on 5/21/10 1:58 pm - Mouseville, FL
And, I will add, the Mexican surgeon WAS NOT Ungston.

Red

Nicolle
on 5/21/10 9:37 pm
Absolutely NOT. Ungson has been a champ with our forum members. I would recommend him to anyone who needed to go out of the US for their DS.

That is very worthwhile to point out, Red. Thanks!

Nicolle

Elizabeth N.
on 5/22/10 6:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
I hate not being able to see my posts, too. No problem :-).
Georgina R.
on 5/21/10 10:47 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Are you doubting Dr. K's surgical skill?  Because I think he's done more DSes than Husted.  And he takes on very difficult revisions.

Also, I really respect that Dr. Keshishian truly believes in the DS.  It's basically the only WLS he performs.  And obviously not 'cause it's easier.  Because he thinks its the best way to cure obesity.  I really admire a bariatric surgeon who has the balls to basically diss the perennial WLS favorites (RNY and Lap-Band) outright, based on hard facts: http://dssurgery.com/procedures/compareprocedures.php?subnav =2

There's the whole stability issue too.  All I'm saying is that Keshishian recently moved most of his practice from Delano to Glendale and I have never once felt like I was left out in the lurch.  He still sees patients in Delano a few times a month.  I wouldn't even have known about the move if it weren't for reading about it here.
Elizabeth N.
on 5/22/10 6:08 am - Burlington County, NJ
Allow me to mention the very fine PM I got from Dr. K. when I hailed him some months ago about something or other that was being bandied about on this forum....NOT related to him at all, but about DS stuff in general. He had posted not long before that saying he was available to anyone who wanted to contact him about the DS, not just his patients, so I did. He sent me a PM from his PDA saying CALL me here is the 800#. I called, got answering svc, left msg saying it's okay, no emergency.

I got a return call within  minutes from him on the road. He spent a good hour talking with me while I took notes. Then he called me BACK a couple days later to see if the information had gotten out and what he could say in addition to what we'd talked about. He doesn't know me from Adam, doesn't even know my real name.

He's THAT passionate about the DS and about fighting the dread disease of obesity.
sia
on 5/22/10 6:14 am - NY
That's some serious class. If only some other surgeons could be deemed as classy!
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 60 views