Dr. John Husted ???

Debbie M.
on 5/20/10 7:24 am
I've got 2 kids a full time job and busy life - had no problem driving 5-6 hours to have Dr. K do my surgery and spent a week in the LA area - he's a wonderful surgeon and he's there when  you need him.  You've really got to wonder why Husted has changed practices so often. Somethings going on.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Psyche
on 5/20/10 12:40 pm
Regardless of my own personal feelings one way or another, logically it makes more sense for you to go with Dr K because that hospital knows how to deal with DS patients.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence

dflprdfan
on 5/21/10 6:55 am, edited 5/21/10 11:20 am
this message has been deleted
Elizabeth N.
on 5/21/10 7:16 am - Burlington County, NJ
When you ask him these questions in person you will get a charm job. But it's your body and your life.
Guate Wife
on 5/21/10 9:44 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Hello?  Beuller??  Do you have reading comprehension issues?  People who used him as a surgeon are telling you to stick with Dr. K.  Get it?    People who spend a lot of time on this forum helping pre-ops & newbies are telling you to stick with Dr. K.  Get it?  People who used to advocate for Dr. Husted are telling you to stick with Dr. K.  Get it?

There are issues here, far beyond what anyone will be willing to write on a public forum.

And, frankly, since juggling your work & kids schedule is more important than your LIFE, than maybe you are not at the point of needing WLS.

If ALL you are worried about is somebodies surgical skill (and granted, that is important), than you are not getting the full picture of the DS.... and you are not ready for it.  Maybe waiting for Husted to get all set up in AZ (and you do realize that this will likely be a year or so, right?) will be best for you anyway.  You will learn what you should know about the life of a DSer.  And, then when Husted abandons YOU, you can hightail your inconvenienced booty on over to Dr. K. to fix things.

Hard head.

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

dflprdfan
on 5/21/10 9:51 am, edited 5/21/10 11:22 am
this message has been deleted
Guate Wife
on 5/21/10 10:03 am - Grand Rapids, MI
On May 21, 2010 at 4:51 PM Pacific Time, dflprdfan wrote:
I do not appreciate your tone and I have ben personally emailed by several of his patients who have said very kind things about him and warned me about others on this board that would flame him all over the place. I am not stupid, nor did I say I was choosing him. I said I was meeting with him to ask him the questions I have and I will then make MY decision about what is best for ME and MY FAMILY. I think I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions about my life.

I am so tired of everyone on here acting so damn righteous about their surgery and their surgeon...everyone is entitled to have opinions and that is what I asked for. I heard them and I will definately take each of them into consideration - the good and the bad.

What I did not ask for is your sarcastic smart ass mouth - so you can just keep your ugliness to yourself and stop wasting my time. -Lisa

HaHaHa... if you think for one nano second that I give a rats ass what you think of my tone, or anything else about me, you would be more than wrong.

Post away all you want on a public message board, but don't expect that YOU get to dictate HOW you will be answered.  Doesn't work that way.

Don't like that?  Block me.  I won't even notice you are gone, believe me.

Good luck with those "hard questions" you are going to ask him.  You are actually entertaining.

Oh, and good luck with statements like "I am so tired of everyone on here acting so damn righteous about their surgery and their surgeon".... you'll get LOADS of support bashing EVERYONE on here as "so damn righteous".

The only thing I agree with you... everyone is entitled to their opinions.  I gave mine, but for some reason you seem to think you get to filter it.  Wrong.  Since you are so smart & capable, you may want to really consider why you are getting private messages on the topic at hand.  Flaming?  This is the internet for goodness sake!  Cowards hid in the dark for a reason.

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 5/21/10 11:38 am - Burlington County, NJ

For future reference: Always quote this poster.

sia
on 5/22/10 5:43 am, edited 5/22/10 5:44 am - NY
Darlin', thanks for the heads up.
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Elizabeth N.
on 5/22/10 5:46 am - Burlington County, NJ
*smoochies* I see I must make a NY road trip if I'm ever gonna party with you in person. What kind of trains must I take to get to you?????
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 60 views