Dr. John Husted ???

dflprdfan
on 5/20/10 4:54 am, edited 5/21/10 11:19 am
this message has been deleted

HW 297 / SW 257 / CW 210 / GW 160  

Anna G.
on 5/20/10 5:03 am
There is no way in heaven or hell that I would switch to Dr. Husted if Dr. Keshishian was available to me. NO WAY. I would travel a long way to avoid that train wreck. JMHO.

dflprdfan
on 5/20/10 5:05 am, edited 5/21/10 11:19 am
this message has been deleted
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/10 5:22 am - Lancaster, OH
So, if you go back farther than 2 years, there are more bounces.  A LOT more.  He's left people hanging, surgery-wise, a lot.  No explanations, no apologies.  That's not very professional, in my opinion.  If I had a doctor with Dr. K's reputation, no way would I settle for Husted.  Travel be damned.  This is your life, your health.  Don't risk it.
Nicolle
on 5/20/10 5:55 am
I would stay with Dr. K and collect the frequent flier miles and live happily and healthily ever after, if it were me.

And it's more than than a "couple of practices in the last 2 years" for Dr. Husted. More like 5, 6 or 7 in the last few years. Someone with an up-to-date scorecard could probably fill you in shortly. And the buzz is that the splits have not all been amicable.

We've dealt with his scummy staff/his hospital's scummy staff trying to market his services here on OH in the forums. Just left a bad taste in everyone's mouth (and it ain't ketosis!).

For what it's worth, people used to rave about his surgical skills. And those who meet him in person seem to like him. Almost too much.

Best of luck no matter what you decide.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Chad M.
on 5/20/10 6:01 am - Indianapolis, IN
Please go to Keshishian.
hillofbeans
on 5/20/10 6:06 am

Go with Keshishian. He is a wonderful man, and I believe him to be an excellent surgeon also.

Here is an excerpt from a post I made on the KY forum earlier:

I also find it very disappointing that Dr. Husted has not kept in contact with any of his pending, current, or former patients on what his plans have been at this point. I would not recommend anyone to him anymore. My view on that does sway from day to day, but today I would not. Many of us who've already had surgery can't even get a response back on where our records are or how to get them. Also, should any of us have complications while he's MIA and out of touch, I guess we are just screwed. Enter with him at your own risk.

I do not believe all the problems that he had here in Somerset were brought on by him alone. There are two sides to every story, and then there's the truth. I don't think anyone will ever know what happened here. I have no idea why he left his last practiceS, I've gotten several stories on that front as well.

From my POV, you can't go wrong with Keshishian, and if you've already started the process with them, I wouldn't change my plans. Who knows how long it will take Husted to relocate, get people trained, get contracted with insurances, etc. Go with what you know.

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/10 6:23 am - Lancaster, OH
You might find this to be an interesting read:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/KY/4136039/Anyone-know-wha ts-goin-on-with-Dr-Husted-in-Somerset/
I think the most telling part of the thread is the "deleted message"s part.
Let's see.....  Dr. Husted is an advertiser on this site, (at least he was when that thread happened), and, by the context of the posts that followed the deleted ones, the missing information is not exactly favorable to the good doctor.
I, for one, would be very interested in knowing what was removed from this thread.
hillofbeans
on 5/20/10 6:29 am
Good catch.
Elizabeth N.
on 5/22/10 5:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
Perhaps now you can educate the OP on what happens here to people who go on post deleting sprees.
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 62 views