insurance cover for revision surgery.

Eleonore
on 5/3/10 7:27 am - New Jersey

I’m done with all my required pre-op tests. I called my surgeon's office and my GI series test results came out normal according to the secretary. I’m happy about not presenting lap band complications. But I'm concerned because I think that people  with complications after lap band surgery become eligible for insurance cover for revision surgery. However, it is  more difficult to get insurance in cases of revision surgery for unsatisfactory weight loss. Any information would be greatly appreciated! ....

Janine P.
on 5/3/10 7:40 am - Long Island, NY
Honestly, it didn't make a difference for me.  I got covered with a revision from a Lap-band to a DS.  I have UHC in New York.  My BMI was high enough to make me eligible, so I was granted the privileged of getting my guts sliced and diced one more time.  Go me!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Eleonore
on 5/3/10 8:10 am - New Jersey

I hope they take into consideration my many obesity related comorbidities. ...  My prayer is that the insurance would approve my DS soon!

lovemypugs
on 5/3/10 8:07 am - VA
Unfortunately for me I am having problems getting approval for my lap band to DS revision. My insurance denied me because there is nothing mechanically wrong with my band. I hired a lawyer who wrote an appeal letter and now I'm waiting to hear back from my insurance if they will deny it again or approve it. So I hope your insurance is better than mine! Good luck!

Ann-Marie
Eleonore
on 5/3/10 10:20 am - New Jersey
Ann-Marie

Let's pray for speedy insurance approval!

gak
on 5/3/10 12:34 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
You  need to get from the insurance company what it's requirements are for WLS. We have BCBS and they have paid twice ! I had the DS in 2003, done improperly and then a revision last year. Both times BCBS  covered it. So call customer service and find out the requirements and then you will know what you need for yourself. Things will go quicker if you know what your up against. You might be surprised that it is not that difficult to be covered.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Firstlady215
on 5/4/10 7:34 am - elkins park, PA
Which insurance company do you have. I am a lap band revision, with no notable complications but was approved
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 46 views