I made a vitamin organizer

Sheanie
on 1/15/10 1:27 pm
I have a question.  Can you put all your pills all together in one air tight container like that and they are still as potent as when you store them separate in the bottles?  I remember my dad's pills (they were not vitamins, though, probably heart meds) couldn't be mixed.

I am looking for a little box or basket with a lid that I can keep my vitamin bottles in at my breakfast nook, to hide them.  Can't find one I like anywhere.  It's got to be 6.5 inches tall inside.
Frozen_Peach
on 1/15/10 3:27 pm
Not sure how much you wanna spend but here's a basket I found at Longaberger <---link
sounds like what you were looking for maybe?

Me?  I'd go to Michaels or Target or Wal-Mart and check there....

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/10 7:09 pm - Canandaigua, NY

Holy moly!!!  $62???  I know it's a Longaberger and all, but still!  I use a big rectangular basket that I found at a yard sale for $1 to keep my vits and meds in.  Actually, I keep my vits and supps in it, and then I have a small plastic bin that also fits in the basket that I keep my regular meds in. Yea, a little OCD, but I like organizing stuff too!  Then once a month I bring the basket out and fill my med organizer for the whole month. I can grab one day at a time, throw it in my purse, and put it back at the end of the day.  So far, it's working really well for me.  I use this med organizer from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Medcenter-Organizer-Insulin-Case-Shop/ dp/B000UA92YU/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1263639910&sr=8-1 -fkmr1

(Yeah, I know it's even more than the Longaberger basket, but it's worth it. Plus the talking alarm worked great when I was first pre-op and having a hard time remembering to eat every two hours! I'm still using it on my days off to help me remember to take my meds.)

Frozen_Peach
on 1/16/10 1:32 am
yeah
as I said *I* would go to a discount store for my basket....but I know some people like cute and can afford to spend more etc...so on....

MY DS  

<~~link

Frozen_Peach
on 1/16/10 1:33 am
btw, This is the organizer I'm going to get but without the timer...it's hafl the price...and I can buy a timer for cheap....$1 at the Dollar Only store....and clip it to it :)

MY DS  

<~~link

Kayla B.
on 1/15/10 2:37 pm - Austin, TX
LOL--you're too cute!
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
thin4me
on 1/15/10 9:50 pm - WI
thanks, I try.
5' 5.5" female
125 common channel
GW   /   CW  /   SW  / HW 
135  /149.6 / 287  / 300
"Life is like a jar of jalapenos. 
 What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/10 7:10 pm - Canandaigua, NY
How do the baggies stick to the hanger thingy so that they're removeable and replaceable? 
thin4me
on 1/15/10 9:40 pm - WI
the hanger thingy has clear vinyl pouches with an opening at the top that i just slide the vitamin ziploc in & out of.  If I loose a ziploc I just plan on pulling out my ziploc supply and writing up a new one.
I like the ziplocs because the conform.  Those pill boxes are a hassle to me.  But thats just me.
5' 5.5" female
125 common channel
GW   /   CW  /   SW  / HW 
135  /149.6 / 287  / 300
"Life is like a jar of jalapenos. 
 What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
yorkieGal
on 1/15/10 10:14 pm - Clermont, FL
I think this is a great idea, I am going to Marshalls tomorrow to get me one of these. I have alwasy used baggies for my vits and do them a month in advance but I have always stashed the baggies in a basket in my vanity. This is way better as I can see when it is time to sit and refill - good for you!! and thanks for the tip.

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active
15 Years Post-op with Plastics
Lisey · 0 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics
15 Years Post-op with Plastics
Lisey · 0 replies · 76 views
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 145 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 786 views