I made a vitamin organizer

thin4me
on 1/15/10 10:11 am - WI

It is a hanging closet organizer for jewelry!   

The first pic shows the vitamin side.  The flip side has the same pockets and I used it to organize some protein bars that were sitting in a box and I never looked at.  I thought brilliant, I was so happy with myself, I even got more excited.  (I am weird, I like organizing) 

As you can see on the vitamin side I use the Ziploc plastic vitamin bags, they fit perfect.  I have always used these pouches/Ziploc since DS as I picked them up pre DS. I like that I can put the baggies in my pocket.  Now I like my system much better since it is WAY more organized and it feels elegant (if vitamins can feel) LOL .

When I got this pretty hanger I went to town with a sharpie labeling 1 bag per calendar day as you can see.   I like that at the end of the day I put the Ziploc back to be refilled next month. And in the a.m. when getting dressed it is hanging on my closet door.  I grab my new days of vitamin's and it also helps me to remember the date! ( I have to say that the sharpie is wearing off easier than I thought so I might use a ink pen if I have to relabel them in the future)

And to boot there are some extra pouches at the bottom for misc. like  Gas Ex, Tums, extra supplies. 

Hope someone can find inspiration. The hanging organizer was $12.99 at Marshal's.  The pouches were couple bucks somewhere. 

Let me know what you think.

5' 5.5" female
125 common channel
GW   /   CW  /   SW  / HW 
135  /149.6 / 287  / 300
"Life is like a jar of jalapenos. 
 What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
mickey3810
on 1/15/10 10:19 am - cedar key, FL
what a great idea!! very organized i wish i could be that organized!!

the only way up is to stop looking down!!

thin4me
on 1/15/10 9:29 pm - WI
well, now you can!
5' 5.5" female
125 common channel
135  /149.6 / 287  / 300
pycca
on 1/15/10 11:27 am - Haslet, TX
Thats what I call thinking outside the box !!!

Cool idea...LOL

Do you only out vitamins there or do you put your normal meds too I take thyroid and hormones too

debi
thin4me
on 1/15/10 9:34 pm - WI
I put vitamins in there but I suppose you could put other meds in there. 

I think I have 12 pills in there? I keep my prevacid on the counter by the sink along with a bottle of primal defense that I take in the morning but everything else goes in that ziploc pouch.  
Since the picture tucked 1 fish oil Coromega behind each vitamin packet.  That I take at the end of the day. 
5' 5.5" female
125 common channel
135  /149.6 / 287  / 300
Frozen_Peach
on 1/15/10 11:29 am
so do you put the whole day's vits in one bag or do you split them up by AM, mid-day PM etc...?

Looks like a good idea....but this one thing confused me

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Jackie D.
on 1/15/10 11:52 am, edited 1/15/10 11:53 am - Hudsonville, MI
I wondered the same thing... I might start looking for one of these.  I like that it's easy to grab going out the door.  It's also nice to organize a month at a time.

Great idea!

Frozen_Peach
on 1/15/10 1:11 pm
I'm going to order that monthly organizer that Mary J uses....the compartments are nice sized and it's a full day divided into 4 segments....

if you missed it last time around, it's a must see  - lemme know and I'll post a link

MY DS  

<~~link

thin4me
on 1/15/10 9:36 pm - WI
I put my whole day of vitamins in there, I know what to take when. 
5' 5.5" female
125 common channel
135  /149.6 / 287  / 300
Frozen_Peach
on 1/16/10 1:31 am
ahh
I don't trust myself enough to remember which pill to take when...I like it done for me haha

but this is a great idea for organizing in the kitchen in general...and I would never have thought to use a jewelry organizer in the kitchen so thanks for that!

MY DS  

<~~link

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 1 replies · 22 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 1 replies · 22 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 702 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1465 views