Protein products at Costco

KRWaters
on 11/6/09 12:33 am - Manteca, CA
I have been ordering my protein powders from VitaLady. Just a bit short of money for that order this time, and with shipping, well you know. So I know Costco carries premade protein drinks in a can; I know I saw chocolate there. I know a guy who drinks that and loves it, but how does it compare to VL's protein stuff. Will Costco take it back if I absolutely can't stand it? That is my main concern; I just want to taste it first and leery about asking that guy, or maybe if I offer to pay him a buck or so for one can? Whatcha all think?

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

505dardar
on 11/6/09 12:47 am - albuquerque, NM
Hey Karen,  I buy my premade protein drinks at Costco.   Premier is the brand name.  I like them alot.  They come packaged 24 to a case so breaking up the case will probably not fly.  30 grams of protein and 5 carbs so not bad.
KRWaters
on 11/6/09 2:15 pm - Manteca, CA

As much as I hate to drink the same thing day in and day out, IYKWIM, I guess I could give it a shot. Chocolate is definitely my go-to flavor. I have been buying VL sample packets so I have a different one every day and switch around.  I usually only drink one a day, but sometimes will use Unjury unflavored for my 35 second chocolate cake I posted a while back.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

kataryn
on 11/6/09 12:58 am - WA
The Premier chocolate drinks are pretty good.  Make sure they're very cold.  I like to drink it with a straw. If you have a friend who will sell you a single box (it's a paper box, not a can), that would be good, but if not, you probably won't be disappointed.  Tastes no worse than the powders, and the convenience is good.  It is 18 to a box, and up here it's $23.99 for a box.  If you lived closer, I'd give you one.  :)

Someone told me they make Vanilla, but I've never seen it. 

I don't think they're as cost effective as the powders, so I wouldn't use it as a mainstay.  I mean, if you drink 2-3 shakes a day, you're going to go through that box in 6-9 days, where a tub of powder is going to last you much longer.
KRWaters
on 11/6/09 2:18 pm - Manteca, CA
Thanx Jerri, I usually only drink one shake a day in the morning at work after I have already eaten my bacon and egg breakfast a couple of hours earlier. So sue me, I have two breakfasts every morning.  Then some days will use unjury unflavored protein powder to make the 35 second chocolate cake I posted a while back.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out

jeanettekp
on 11/6/09 2:20 am

I have to agree - I'm just over two weeks out and don't like the protein shakes that I've tried, plus I needed something easy to take to work with me.

I went to costco last night and picked up a case, had one this morning and they are good -- I could drink them every day - no real funny smell or taste.

I would say most similar to Atkins in taste/texture, except this have double the protein.

I am happy I found them with the help of everyone on this board.

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 3:35 am

Premier from Costco is my go-to shake...I love it.  I did just notice today when I went to get so,e more that the box has "downsized" to 18 toa box v. the 24 it used to be--for the same price...But, I'll still use them.

KRWaters
on 11/6/09 2:19 pm - Manteca, CA
Thanx Lolly, I think I will hit Costco soon for some chocolate shake drinks.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out

Jen B.
on 11/6/09 3:58 am - Olathe, KS
Costco will take it back if you don't like it. I think their rule is if you have used less than 1/3 they will take it back.
KRWaters
on 11/6/09 2:19 pm - Manteca, CA
Thank you so much JB, so I know I have an out if I absolutely can't stand those drinks.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out