trying to be patient with Ellen

Malibufox
on 8/21/09 1:36 pm - Bowling Green, KY
I've been having trouble with my insurane company, but as far as Ellen goes she has always been right on top of things for me. Sometimes it might seem like excuses but there is only so much one woman can do! The insurance companies aren't the easiest people to deal with I'm sure. I know Ellen has had alot of neck problems and is working from home...I personally think she's doing everything she can do! Email is the only way to go with her!!!
amywitakay
on 8/21/09 5:36 pm
Didn't know anything bout her surgery! I feel bad now! I will email though!
Raindrop
on 8/21/09 11:38 pm - Smalltown, IN
Don't let me get started about Ellen.  humph... 

Anyway, anything I ever emailed her was CCed to Dr. Husted and Carol.  I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of what was going on.  If it had't been for Carol, I think I would still be waiting for my info to be sent to insurance.  She will be an incredible advocate for you.  You should get to know her!

Seriously, you have to stay on top of this yourself.  I was told things were done that weren't.  I was told things would happen when they didn't.  Honestly, I LOVE Dr. Husted.  If he hadn't been such an incredible surgeon, I would have switched Drs because of her.

Good luck!

16 lbs of this was lost during pre-op diet. 10 lbs were lost with the band.
286/276/173/135
HW/SW/CW/GW
Lost 85 lbs and gained 75 lbs back with lap band.  (3/07 - 7/09 RIP) 
ZNEW_crAte
on 8/22/09 5:40 am
I have recently gone through the process from consultation to insurance approval to surgery scheduling with Dr. Husted's office. The best advice I could give would be this:
1. Be your own advocate
2. Be proactive and follow up on a regular basis.
3. Be persistant but not pesky.
4. Be informed and follow up on the information you are given.

It also  helps to show kindness to those you are working with because they may be going through "stuff" themselves, and may be overworked and/or underpaid!  

By the way, this advice would apply to every healthcare situation.

HW  221     SW  216   CW  135.0   GW 135                    Ht 5'3
ellen_bell
on 8/24/09 6:48 am, edited 8/24/09 7:12 am
Good afternoon. This is Ellen working on insurance aprovals for Dr John Husted.  First, I want to apologize to the patients that have been unable to reach me.  For anyone having insurance questions, please email me at ([email protected]), fax directly to me at (606-862-4972) or you can leave me a message at work (606-425-4697 ext. 14).  I do handle many patients and it is definitely quicker to respond via email.  Please include your name and phone number so I can have your file when I return your email or call.  If you have questions not pertaining to insurance, I will forward them to the correct person and copy you as well.  It has been a very trying year with my mom terminally ill and her passing and I recently had neck surgery but I am working on approvals from home.  The office was also having phone issues and my email was full as well.  Phone lines they say are fixed as of recent and webhost for my email was finally fixed last week.  I look forward to working with each and every one of you.
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 60 views