trying to be patient with Ellen

hillofbeans
on 8/21/09 6:38 am
Good luck ever getting in touch with Ellen by phone. She is never in the office, period. She's been out of the office more than in since they've been in Kentucky. She will respond to emails at times, and you can only hope they will be coherent enough for you to understand.

If you want an update on your status, you will probably want to email Cathi or Gayla at the Bariatric Center, or Carol with Dr. Husted's office. Otherwise, happy waiting.

One more tip. Be sure to read your insurance policy inside and out and know the requirements they have for revisions. If possible, send them a copy also. Be sure you stress to them what your requirements are, otherwise go ahead and start preparing your appeal now.
Ellie J.
on 8/21/09 7:25 am - TN
Amen, Hillofbeans... I couldn't have said it better myself.
ladydi1970
on 8/21/09 7:39 am - GA
I 2nd this one!!

Gayla, Cathi or Carol are the ones to go to.  Ellen is a no go.  Hell, I had my surgery in April, and my insurance has yet to be billed.

I guess Dr. H is so super rich, he doesn't need to get paid from the insurance company! (Sorry, that was mean.  But dang it, I'd want to get paid!!! And I don't understand why he let's her NOT handle these things!)

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

amywitakay
on 8/21/09 6:46 am
Thanks all! I guess I do have be my own advocate! I will call and email! Just didn't want to be a nag but hey if that's the only way then I have to do it! I will keep yal posted on my attempts! Thanks again!
JROLFSON
on 8/21/09 7:05 am - St. George, UT
I have emailed Dr. Husted myself several times and he returned it immediately...Someone needs to email him this thread and make him aware of how unhappy patients are with his front office...

Elizabeth N.
on 8/21/09 7:56 am - Burlington County, NJ
Perhaps if everyone who has commented on this thread would PM him directly, it might have some results. He doesn't seem to get online a lot, though.
JROLFSON
on 8/21/09 8:13 am - St. George, UT
I will email him the link to this thead...I've never had him fail to return an email to me...
sammy09
on 8/21/09 9:19 am - Elkhart, IN
I too am dealing with this office. LOVE the Dr. but it has been like pulling teeth to get anything done in regards to front office. Ellen is nice when you can get her. There always seems to be one excuse ofter another though. . Be your own advocate and call, email til you get an answer. Good luck.
 My angel is Emilie J. Your the best! 
Fat be gone...I command you!!

So far am at 75% EWL!  
traciejo1972
on 8/21/09 10:31 am
I found that emailing her is the only way to go.  She would always respond very quickly.

Good luck!

Getting excited about my future!  God is AWESOME!

HW/SW/CW/GW     updated 3/29/11
369/341/194/175

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 10:32 am - KY
I always email her and she emails right back.  Ellen has had neck surgery and has been pretty sick.
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 60 views