Let the flaming begin

goodkel
on 8/3/09 5:22 pm
On August 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM Pacific Time, Batwingsman wrote:
 You overly-educated idiot   I'm NOT his stalker ..  

FYI, Scotty is my hero ..   

Go beat up your kid if you wanna beat on somebody, why don't ya?  
Paul, please stop being mean.

You have been off-base many times and you still don't have a handle on how to manage your DS and I am sorry if the comments here hurt you.

But, you need to get a grip on your behavior.

Lashing out at other people won't accomplish that.

And I don't recall you ever being so harsh..

Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Steph anie
on 8/4/09 12:50 am - Denton, TX
Wow Paul bringing kids into the equation is a really low blow. Can you see how that response was uncalled for?

BTW, it would appear less stalkerish if you would just PM Scott to ask how he is doing instead of inserting him into this thread to grab his attention.

HW 318/ SW 308/ CW 116/ GW 125 (updated 11/11/09)

Follow my journey at:  http://savoringmyjourney.wordpress.com/

Get all the facts at www.DSfacts.com.  

Century Club 03/27/09    Onderland 04/15/09 Goal Met: 02/26/10

ScorpioMama77
on 8/4/09 1:31 am, edited 8/4/09 2:31 am - Pueblo, CO
On August 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM Pacific Time, Batwingsman wrote:  You overly-educated idiot   I'm NOT his stalker ..  

FYI, Scotty is my hero ..   

Go beat up your kid if you wanna beat on somebody, why don't ya?  

I cannot believe that in a thread where the OP (and I'm sure others, including myself) are talking about something as serious and painful as being abused as children, you would make a comment like "go beat up your kid if you wanna beat on somebody." 

You should be ashamed of yourself, you sorry-ass piece of ****

Nopenname
on 8/3/09 5:37 pm - Tacoma, WA
It sounds like you have gotten yourself in a vicious cycle and are busy punishing yourself via your diet already. I just want to echo what everyone else has said and good on you for recognizing destructive behavior.

And also this "though he made me spit it out into his hand when he realized" He'd be lucky I didn't punch him in the face ordering me to spit out food like a toddler who put something in her mouth she wasn't supposed to.

I mean I get he doesn't want to see you fail, and wants to be supportive, but that is some straight up bull**** He needs a little lesson in support and it probably would help for him to go to his own sessions or to go together (in addition to your own personal sessions). Because that kind of nannying is going to get him nowhere and fast.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Emilie J.
on 8/4/09 3:45 pm
Wellllllll......poor hubby, he is looking like a villian. He did think he was doing a good thing. After talking to Jackie at Dr. Hares office today, he has a different point of view, and has promised to knock it off. It probably would help for some couples counseling with all we will be going through the next several months. Thanks for the advice, I am sure I will be taking it :)
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
Julie R.
on 8/3/09 6:37 pm - Ludington, MI
 Emilie:   You are two weeks out, right?  I know that at two weeks out, I'd tried nibbles of this and nibbles of that, mostly high protein, but still, I recall eating a bite of stuffing just to see how it tasted, and a bite of pierogi.   However, and here is the biggie - I DID NOT HAVE A VALTREC RING!   Dr. Hares gives very specific post-op directions about liquids and mushie stuff for a reason, and you could really do damage to yourself if you don't eat properly, and I believe it's for four weeks, correct? I so feel for you, because you've got lots of head hunger going on, but you've also got something more than that, as your desire for food is winning over your need to heal your body.  I know this is tough sweetie.  My suggesion is go out and buy yourself an "arsenal" of a few yummy things that might help to satisfy your cravings.   Last night, I took some Fage yogurt, and added some Torino s/f caramel syrup and a few walnuts to it.   That's the stuff you add to coffee and cappuccino, and Walmart sells it.   OMG - it was so good.  Now, you can't eat the walnuts right now, but you could maybe top it with some heavy whipped cream, which is very low-carb.  You know - the stuff you squirt from a can.   Emilie, I'm almost three years out, and I thought I'd hit upon the motherlode of good-choice snacks.  I'm still learning, even now.   Instead of tuna helper, have a tiny bowl of mashed potatoes.  If you feel guilty, melt some cheese into it and you've added protein.   If you're having problems eating what's in the house, then get the crap out of the house and buy what YOU need to be eating.  Your family will survive.   Take a can of "Soup at Hand" tomato soup and heat it up.  Put a string cheese in it, and a wee sprinkle of Italian seasoning.  Pizza soup.   Make some sugar free pudding and stir in a spoonful of protein powder.  Make Val's ricotta fluff.  Make a low-carb cheesecake.   These are all mushie.   Top it with the aforementioned whipped cream.   Get yourself a couple of Dana Carpender's low-carb cookbooks and make some of the recipes.   There are lots of low-carb forums online too.   Make a big ol' pot of one of her soups.   You're probably, at this age, never going to exorcise some of the demons in your head that drive you to eat, but what you CAN do is SUBSTITUTE good things for harmful things.  I'm still an overeater, I still eat when I'm not hungry and I still obsess over food.  However, 90% of the time, I've just learned to substitute better choices for the poor ones.   You can do this - hell if I can- anyone can!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Emilie J.
on 8/4/09 3:47 pm
Oh thanks Julie, you are such a doll. Food obsession is horrible. It has been my obsession since as far back as I can remember. THANKS for the ideas for yummy food. I went grocery shopping tonight, and bought some of the stuff you suggested.
It's about the Wow's!   
lavatera
on 8/3/09 8:24 pm
Hi Emilie,

I'm a Dr. Hares patient too and unless he's changed the way he's doing the DS,  then you have a Valtrek Ring(sp) and the foods you're eating could be life threatening if something gets stuck in it.

Please call Jackie ASAP!!  She will help you.  As soon as you are able, go to the bi-weekly support group meetings.  All eating disorders get addressed and you will get support and gain a lot of knowledge.

Please take care of yourself and keep us posted.
Maureen Ganz   
"Where flowers bloom...so does hope."
DS 7-19-2005
Blackthorne
on 8/4/09 6:32 am - Alpharetta, GA
Maureen -

Emilie hasn't posted since late last night.   Would you please call Jackie, and ask her and/or Dr Hares to review the posts here on the board?     She may be too ill to report in herself, and she may need an intervention.

Thanks!

--BT
     Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
Emilie J.
on 8/4/09 3:50 pm
I did call Jackie, and she was, as usual, very helpful, very sweet, and very supportive. She made me see sense, and my husband. I wish so badly I could go to the meetings, but I have talked Jackie into putting them on youtube. Maybe someday we could teleconference between them. I live in Southwest Michigan over 4 hours away. Maybe I could do once a month for the next few months though. And yes, he is still doing the Valtrec ring, I went grocery shopping tonight and got all Valtrac friendly food. I feel so much stronger today, and ready to do what I started out to do.
It's about the Wow's!   
Most Active