Let the flaming begin

Nicolle
on 8/3/09 8:55 pm
Wow, BT. You may not post often, but when you do--holy crap!

Nice posts--thanks!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Blackthorne
on 8/4/09 1:46 am - Alpharetta, GA
Thanks, Nicole.   I hope it helps her, and if not - perhaps others.
     Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
Valerie G.
on 8/3/09 9:25 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
Welcome back LIsa!!!!
Now, don't disappear again, PUHLEEASE????  You're a wise one, indeed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Lori Black
on 8/3/09 10:07 pm - , IN
BT,

I feel like I owe you a session fee.  Where do I send the check?  Kudos for a beautifully thought out response!!!!!!!

Lori
Blackthorne
on 8/4/09 1:48 am - Alpharetta, GA
No need - PayPal is much easier   

--BT
     Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

beemerbeeper
on 8/3/09 10:47 pm - AL
I wasn't abused but there is still so much "food for thought" for  me in this post.  I think there is something in there for everyone!  I adore the new town analogy. 

Thank you so much for posting it.

Becky

Blackthorne
on 8/4/09 2:15 am - Alpharetta, GA
You're welcome.   I was wondering as I was writing it if it would make sense, or just come across as late night ramblings.    I'm glad it is the former. :) 

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/09 3:54 am - Lancaster, OH
Wow, BT.  Just Wow.  What a great insight.
I'm so glad you posted.
Emilie J.
on 8/4/09 9:07 am
No, it made more sense than I can tell you. It is all so weird to think about, and I can't feel it conciously, but it makes sense that I may be doing that on a subconcious level. Thank you so much for taking the time to post such thoughtful responses. You have given me so much to think about.

The sexual abuse took place as a young child, and the physical abuse through most of my childhood, as well as the emotional abuse. I thought I had come to terms with it, and I have in many ways, but I suppose my drug being taken away is going to cause things to resurface.

I already know I will be an angry person for awhile. I told my hubby he doesn't need to fear me wanting another man, I will more than likely be super ***** to any man giving me positive attention, as they have been so cruel for so long.
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
Zee Starrlite
on 8/4/09 12:39 am
Thanks BT!

(((HUGS)))
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active