Let the flaming begin

Crazeru
on 8/4/09 4:39 pm
A great book for helping your self-esteem is 10 Days to Self-Esteem by Dr David Burns.  I went through this book as a 10 week program.  I think the biggest light bulb for me was:

Treat yourself like you are your best friend.  We put ourselves down so often.  We know which buttons to push, and the negative thoughts that we slam down our own throats.  This is just a heads up.  Treat yourself gently, like you'd treat your best friend.  Even if your bf screwed up royally, you wouldn't tell them they were a f***up, you'd be sweet and tell them you love them and we'll do everything we can to make everything better. 

Emilie - tell yourself it's ok, that you didn't know how dangerous your inappropriate eating was, and that you will do everything in your power to eat properly and keep yourself healthy.    You can do this.  I'm glad that you are reaching out and getting the help that you need.  Prayers and sending chickens your way sweetie. 

BT - great post!

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Emilie J.
on 8/4/09 4:44 pm
Thanks so much. That is exactly what I am doing, and it is the truth. I didn't know how dangerous it really was, now I do, and I am doing everything in my power to help myself. I went grocery shopping , I talked to the nurse, made an appt w/ the counselor, and I really feel in my heart that it is going to be okay. I will have to get that book. Sounds like I could use it. Lots of love
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
colene
on 8/4/09 4:59 pm
Emilie, just one more time...you are not alone in this situation.  There are many reasons that some of us self sabatoge whether it be depression over abuse or other issues.  These are things that need treatment and encouragement.  You have seen these last 2 days many of us have these issues.  Treatment is GOING to help.  You have taken the first huge step towards another leg of your journey here and I want you to know....I am so PROUD of you for taking this step.  You should be proud of yourself as well.  You are worth this new journey and are going to be a wonderful DSer as well.
Most Active