DS is not an "eat anything you want" surgery

ImArustyRose
on 5/31/09 11:59 am, edited 5/31/09 12:45 pm - TX
I lie and cheat both ways. I will over estimate carbs/fats/proteins/water/vitamins and underestimate carbs/fats/protein/water/vitamins.  I get confused.  I get frustrated.  I make excuses.  I over-compensate. I starve. I binge. I lose. I gain.  I think high fat is good because a lot of folks here say so...Gagner does not (and he is the one that did the research that said fats dont absorb much).  I think Atkins bars are okay because net grams of carbs are low so I think it is okay to eat several (after I eat my protein), but I think in my heart that is stupid. I think I absorb more carbs from that stuff and I think it is showing up. 

I hear "eat protein". I do it.  I eat 150 grams sometimes.  Is that too much or too little or just right or what.  I eat carbs sometimes 30/ the most was 200 (one day trying to break the stall)  cant say that worked.  I am different because I am old and I did not get the full DS dealy and I am a revision. I dont lose so fast. 

I count the net calories post DS absorption and usually dont take in more that a thousand on any given day.   That is if the research is accurate about what we actually do absorb of different things.  I dont think that these are really proven quantities, myself.  I think it is as  different as hair color and each individual.  Who knows EXACTLY what is the right thing to do.

I love having blood sugars of 94 and 104 and 115.  I love having b/p of a kid.  I love my cholesterol is within normal range.  I love crossing my legs.  I hate saggy boobs and batwings.  I simply adore not having to think about getting up out of a chair and walking to the "where ever I want to go".

This is sooooo personal for each of us. 

I am   imperfect.  I suspect most on this board are as well.  Maybe not.  I am trying to be honest in my dishonesty however.  I really feel alone because I dont match up with hardly anybody here.  I try not to offer   advice because I sort of dont count as the common experience.   I do believe that we are all on our own personal pilgrimage with this DS thing.  God speed to everyone!!!!

ARustyRose

Lori Black
on 5/31/09 8:55 pm - , IN
Your post is cracking me up girlfriend!  I love your honesty! 

Lori
MomofMojo
on 5/31/09 8:09 pm
HEy Annie,
Nice to hear from you again - You and I had our DS in the same month - I changed my screen mane.
I tooo have heard you can eat what you want and don't worry over it.
Some seem to think it means eat any and everything with abondon. I have learned over these last 22 months that it means for me I can have some of just not all of everything, and sometimes foods will cause major upsets and I needed to adjust the amount of food or stay away from those food altogether. So far I still have problems with all breads except for Low carb toast, raw vegies tear me up still and I won't even try again cheap ice cream , it causes way to much problems in the bathroom.
I had stopped losing at 14 months,  I finally brought a scale and have been staying within a 20 pound range - 135 to 155 on any given day in the month  at first I was worried but now I know this is normal for me - I would like to stay at 135 and if I'd buckle down and go back to exerscing  i woul. I just am happy not to be sick and tired with a morning BS of 65 not 200 and BP of 100/70 verses 190/110.
I hope your journey brings you to your goal.

Jeanne
DS 7/24/07
SW 330
CW 155
LeaAnn
on 6/1/09 5:18 am - Huntsville, AL

DS is not an "eat anything you want" surgery

It's NOT?!?!?!?

pie.gif picture by leaannjohnson   

Guess I better quit stuffin' my pie hole!!!!  LOL!

Anne S.
on 6/1/09 6:46 am
Nope, it's not.

Not for every body.

Learning about the DS? An excellent resource is www.dsfacts.com
For scientific studies about the DS and more, "friend" me, and then click on my profile. Best of luck on your journey.

LeaAnn
on 6/1/09 7:20 am - Huntsville, AL

Yeh, I know.  I started out a lightweight, so I don't count -- AND I didn't even lose quite as much as I would've liked either!  I always had that fear of losing too much in the back of my head so I rode my DS with the brakes on.  Not that I'm CAPABLE of dieting, anyhow, but still.  I wish I had done a bit better.

But overall, I'm 225% satisfied with my 95% EWL!

Recent Topics