Huacuz - Please Help?

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/09 1:18 am - AZ
Huacuz kills another one. :o(  This time it was a sleeve patient.  The daughter of the victim posted on LBT and I gave her a couple of links and requested that she cross post here and on the OH sleeve board.

www.lapbandtalk.com/f11/any-one-use-dr-daniel-huacuz-tijuana -8481/index18.html

Please scroll down to post #264.

I PMed her and got a few more details but all in all, it's more of the same.  Huacuz posing as a skilled surgeon and harming someone.  Wonder how he'll twist this one so it isn't his fault?  He takes blame for NOTHING.  Want to see how he is dealing with all the bad stories about him on line?  Check out his website, specifically this page:

www.huacuz.com/index.php  (Click on "Important Information From Dr. Huacuz)

Instead of admitting he's a hack he explains it is a conspiracy of sorts to harm him.

Not sure if you guys know about Adrienne but she was a sleeve leak he almost killed.  She was septic and he didn't recognize this.  She had a leak, the leak might or might not have been his fault.  What was his fault was that he did not know how to treat her and she almost died.  Had she not left his "clinic" AMA and go to a San Diego hospital she would have died.  No way around it, you can't decline to treat sepsis and expect the patient to survive.  I really believe he knew she was dying and did not want her dying in the US due to publicity and that is why he tried so hard to keep her in his clinic.

BTW, want to see what his coordinator did to Adrienne to undo some of the damage to his rep when Adrienne told her story?  Check out her OH profile:

www.obesityhelp.com/member/eureta_83/

What Eureta writes is a flat out lie.  Just another cover up for his butcher skills.  It should be known that Huacuz does his own plastic surgery and he even gave Eureta an infection after breast surgery.  She *still* defends him while claiming she doesn't work for him.  She does work for him, check it out:

www.yourjourneytobelite.net/html/about_us.html

Eureta claimed on another board she does not work for Huacuz, she merely referred 20 of her own close and personal friends to him for surgery.  Well, she made that claim until her own website was posted and then she changed her ID to a different name and left the boards.

Eureta is currently emailing me using a fake ID asking why I don't like Huacuz and what is wrong with him.  She's really a piece of work.  Does she think I am too stupid to kinow who she is AGAIN?

I talked to Adrienne last night for about an hour.  I also talked to a general surgeon, MD, friend of mine in Tijuana yesterday.  I asked him how all this works, what can the family members or victims do to stop this man from butchering others.  He told me to have the people sue him.  I didn't see what value that is, Huacuz is broke, he has nothing.  I am quite vocal about Huacuz on all boards and his coordinator PMed me about a year ago asking me to stop posting what I know about this man because it had affected his business to the point that he couldn't put food on his family's table.

WTH?  Why do I care if he makes a living or not?  This was during the time that Marty, a DS patient was butchered by Huacuz.

Regardless, I explained to my friend that Huacuz doesn't have anything to pay out if he is sued.  He explained to me that lawsuits are different in MX vs. the US.  In the US it's all about $$.  In MX it's all about punishing the doctor at fault.  He went on to explain that if these victims and family members sue Huacuz he will likely lose his license or better yet, for the deaths he could be put in a MX prison.  I think that would be ideal!

What I need help with is finding the victims of Huacuz.  I know many of them and their contact info but what about Marty?  I could never find out if he survived or not.  Does anyone have any contact info for Marty or his family?  Do you have any info on other Huacuz victims?

Thanks!

Anna G.
on 5/11/09 2:09 am, edited 5/11/09 2:22 am
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about this. My heart goes out to his family.

How many deaths does this make for Huacuz? I know I've read several horror stories, and it scared the **** out of me when a regular on this board scheduled her DS with him. She ended up having to postpone, and I couldn't help thinking it was divine intervention.

I'm sorry I can't help with info on Marty. I don't know him. I hope someone can give us a positive update.

Thanks for those links.

Edited because I realized it was a gentleman who died, not a woman.

Steph anie
on 5/11/09 2:19 am - Denton, TX
I thought the same thing Anna. I hope that she reads this and understands how everything may have worked together to save her life.

HW 318/ SW 308/ CW 116/ GW 125 (updated 11/11/09)

Follow my journey at:  http://savoringmyjourney.wordpress.com/

Get all the facts at www.DSfacts.com.  

Century Club 03/27/09    Onderland 04/15/09 Goal Met: 02/26/10

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/09 3:05 am - AZ
On May 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM Pacific Time, Steph anie wrote:
I thought the same thing Anna. I hope that she reads this and understands how everything may have worked together to save her life.

Remember Adrienne, the leaky sleeve person.  She left his clinic AMA and went directly to a San Diego hospital where she almost died.

Today Huacuz is telling people that she went home just fine, ate something she wasn't supposed to, and caused her own leak.  She pulled her own drains out (not true) and what the dumbass doesn't get is that the medical records all show dates and such.  Why would Adrienne have a leak and drive 5 hours to a San Diego hospital instead of going to a local hospital in her own city with her own doctors?  He's such a liar!  Nothing he ever does is his fault, everything is always the fault of the patient.  He lies so much sometimes the truth sounds better than the crap he makes up.

He really does have the rep as being the butcher of Mexico.  It's too bad, there are some really good surgeons in MX and people are stupid.  They have the attitude that if one doctor in MX is bad then all MX doctors are bad.  It's just not true.

There is a doctor in MX (won't say who) that swears Huacuz does not do true DS via lap.  It's a form of DS but not true DS and that is why he can do it lap considering he's not a great lap surgeon.

The upside to this is that my doctor is taking over as president of the Mexican College of Surgeons in June and he wants to start a new thing where doctors have to be certified in specific procedures.  They have to do these procedures in front of other doctors and IF they do it correctly they are certified.  (My doc does not do DS, he's been training for the procedure under Ung...someone, I forget the spelling for the last couple of years.  It will be a long time before he's able to do it solo I assume.  So I'm not advertising him, he doesn't do the procedure)

So if it is true that he isn't doing true DS via lap then he won't be able to be certified.

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/09 2:51 am - AZ
On May 11, 2009 at 9:09 AM Pacific Time, Anna G. wrote:
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about this. My heart goes out to his family.

How many deaths does this make for Huacuz? I know I've read several horror stories, and it scared the **** out of me when a regular on this board scheduled her DS with him. She ended up having to postpone, and I couldn't help thinking it was divine intervention.

I'm sorry I can't help with info on Marty. I don't know him. I hope someone can give us a positive update.

Thanks for those links.

Edited because I realized it was a gentleman who died, not a woman.

I recall a woman that needed her band removed upon returning to the US on an emergency basis because he placed it wrong. (banding is THE easiest procedure to do, think what he does with DS!)  She asked for a refund, he refused.  She had to self pay for the band and then removal in the US.  She needed money to pay for the removal, he refused.  She posted her story on the boards and he suddenly offered her $1500 to delete her threads.  She needed the $, she deleted them.

He offered Adrienne $3K to remove her posts, she declined.

There is a surgeon in Monterrey (a good surgeon) that claims he can always spot a Huacuz patient by the scars.  It looks like he sews up people with his foot, and his left foot at that.  He leaves horrible scars.

Another person talks about how he creeped her out by holding her hand, telling her she was his angel in real life, she is so pretty, blah blah blah.  She said at first it felt kinda nice to have positive male attention but it just got creepy.

The nurses that were working on the gentleman (sleeve in March/09) didn't even have oxygen available to them according to the family.  They were trying to work him with room air.  That's just so basic!

One husband/wife couple went for bands many years ago.  They both came home with horrible infections and the wife had osteomylitis.  (Where the infection is so bad it goes into the bone.)  She had to actually have her rib cage removed because of the infection he gave her.

He gets patients by talking to them on the phone for as long as they wish.  He treats them well and people mistake this for skill.  Nice does not equal skill, it means nice.   My neighbor is a mechanic, he's a REALLY nice guy.  Doesn't mean I'd let him operate.  But he has the time to spend on the phone with potential patients because he isn't operating, everyone knows his rep.  The few people he does get, he gets that way.

Oh... another person is posting on the sleeve boards.  She emailed them asking for information a year ago.  She did a bit of research and realized that is not where she was going to go so she told them she found a different doctor, one that was right for her.  They started giving her private info out to other patients having the patients call her and talk her into going to Huacuz.  A year later and she's still getting emails from the coordinator, Eureta, wanting to know if she is interested in surgery.  She had her sleeve, about a year ago.

I can go on and on.  Anyone that would go to him knowing his rep... honestly, they deserve to go to him. They are shopping for price and not skill. :o(  That's just not how you find a skilled surgeon.  But he does something else.  His price starts out at the going rate but if you tell him you can't afford it he will keep coming down until he's hardly covering expenses.

Anyone that would go to this man knowing he doesn't even have nurses that have access to oxygen... nobody can be that stupid.

Batwingsman
on 5/11/09 5:38 am - Garland, TX
 If you mean Larissa here in N. Texas, I asked her in a post why she switched to Huacuz instead of Dr. Daryl Stewart,, after she posted for so long that Dr. S. would be her surgeon, went to his support group meetings locally, etc..     Apparently she lost her ins. coverage and would have to be cash pay now, but still, as I told her, Dr.  A., Dr. M. or Ungson would be FAR safer choices for DS and they each cost about the same (or even less) than Huacuz.   

Hopefully this recent death will get her to change her mind again.    

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Anna G.
on 5/11/09 5:42 am
I wrote to her today and learned that she has already made the decision to go with Dr. Stewart after all.

Batwingsman
on 5/11/09 5:44 am - Garland, TX
 Phew . . good to hear       Thanks Anna ..  

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/09 12:20 am - AZ
On May 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM Pacific Time, Anna G. wrote:
I wrote to her today and learned that she has already made the decision to go with Dr. Stewart after all.

Do you suppose when Huacuz kills someone that he worries more about the patient and family or what it will do to his already trippy reputation?

Anna G.
on 5/12/09 12:34 am
I don't know. I'm not sure I want to get inside the mind of the Butcher.

Most Active