Holey Moley.... Protein Ice Cream is da BOMB!!

moore972003
on 7/15/08 10:27 pm - IN
What's nice is that its curing a craving, but its really something very good for you.  So eat your ice cream, girl!! 

Mandy                                     ***See my blog for appeal info***

ldz
on 7/15/08 2:59 pm
I'm so excited I can't think straight.  As much as I hate to cook, I just might have to give this a try :)

Thanks!!!

Leslie
moore972003
on 7/15/08 10:29 pm - IN
Enjoy!  You'll be glad you did!

mommyof2gr8kids
on 7/16/08 5:40 am - Warminster, PA
So what exactly do I need to buy?
moore972003
on 7/16/08 6:45 am - IN
You need an ice cream maker, a bag or two of rock salt (sold near the makers), crushed ice, heavy whipping cream, your favorite protein drink, and some flavoring.  Mix up your protein drink in a blender or whatever you usually use, then dump it in the freezer. 

As for flavoring, it depends on what kind of ice cream you like.  I'm going to try putting in peppermint extract and SF Andes mints for chocolate mint.  Let us know what kind you create!

Star Jones
on 10/28/08 8:21 am - National Harbor, MD
I had this saved in my archves. Do you think it would be good as a new post-op. Or is it too cold?

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

moore972003
on 10/28/08 8:32 am - IN
I think it would be perfect!  Anything really cold felt good.... like popsicles and ice cream.  I had a popsicle as one of of my first foods in the hospital.  You may be different.  I could only sip water and other liquids, but popsicles... I could eat the whole thing in like 5 minutes!

Make a batch before surgery and just leave it in your freezer.  If you can't tolerate it, no big deal.

Laurie D.
on 10/28/08 10:27 am - minden, NE
blast and dang it now you all got me wanting ice cream and I don't even keep protein shake mix around I have to start from SCRATCH....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr LOL 

I'm thinking though instead of the peppermint pattie or andies mints, why not mini mint chocolate chips...no chopping to be done and yummmy!  lol  I'm lazy! 

now I gotta do some sewing so I can get an ice cream maker, flavoring AND protien shake mix....geez....thanks loads guys! 
SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

moore972003
on 10/28/08 10:34 am - IN
That would be delish!  I used sugar free andes mints, but a small amount of regular chocolate wouldn't hurt.  I really like the butter pecan I made, too. 

KimberlyHeidi
on 11/10/10 11:32 am - VA
 Sounds good! Thanks for sharing. Will be bookmarking this!