Holey Moley.... Protein Ice Cream is da BOMB!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/08 6:26 am - Burlington County, NJ
Since I'm so chemical-sensitive, I'm very intrigued by all this talk of making protein shake ice cream.  When things are cold, I can't smell the chemicals as easily, which makes it easier to get stuff down.

How much ice cream does your machine make ?  Can you store the extra ?  Or will the protein break down ?
moore972003
on 7/15/08 6:41 am - IN
I can't smell the nasty protein smell, either.  I added a little Cool Whip on top and I swear, it tastes like the real thing!

I bought a 4 quart ice cream machine.  But they also had a 6 quart.  I only made 2 cups or so, so it wasn't even a third of the way full.  I didn't want to make a big batch and not like it.  Once the machine stops churning, you keep it in the metal thing its in and put it in a freezer to freeze the rest of the way.  It was kinda like a soft serve at that point.  I don't know about the protein breaking down.  But I don't think it will have time!  My kids like it too, so it will be gone quickly!

Mandy                                     ***See my blog for appeal info***

Mia1307
on 7/15/08 6:31 am - NM
Oh dear  now I have to go to Walmart and get an ice cream maker.... Why must you tempt me so!!!!

Mia

SW 294.7 CW 126 GW 150  Live in joy even though you have all the facts.

moore972003
on 7/15/08 6:43 am - IN
Hey, just looking after my peeps!  I wanna make sure you're getting that protein in! 

Samaro ..
on 7/15/08 7:18 am

While I was out buying my ice cream maker I thought I'd pick up some ice cream making supplies....like the SF Andes Mints for the Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.  I noticed that the SF Andes have LOTS of maltitol as the sweetener, and as we know maltitol ( or any of the sugar alcohols) can cause nasty gas.  To make matters worse the carb count on the SF Andes Mints is just about the same as the regular Anges Mints.  I don't know about you but I would rather not have the gas caused by sugar alcohols if I'm still going to be eating the same number of carbs.  i think I'll stick with the regular Andes for mine.  Just thought I'd share.....

moore972003
on 7/15/08 7:42 am - IN
Good point!

Any time I have ever had sf chocolate, it has never bothered me.  But I've only had one or two pieces at a time.  I wonder how many to put in there?  I will just put in a few to be safe.

MelissaJane
on 7/15/08 7:43 am - near Boston, MA
Oh, that's really interesting.  You wouldn't need a ton of them for the ice cream anyway, so you could probably still keep the carb count reasonable.
Melissa 
 HW~332   SW~306  CW~160    
DS August 2008 
MelissaJane
on 7/15/08 7:39 am - near Boston, MA
Oh, I can't WAIT to try this - maybe I'll make some soon to have after surgery.  I saw Jupiter's post last night and was stunned by her brilliance.  SUCH a great idea.  And the mint chocolate chip...oh, yeah, gotta try this.
Melissa 
 HW~332   SW~306  CW~160    
DS August 2008 
moore972003
on 7/15/08 7:44 am - IN
I know, right?  I wish I would have known about this right after my surgery.  It would have gone down so smoothly!

Tiffany G.
on 7/15/08 8:58 am
I have been dying for some ice cream.  I'm gonna pick up an ice cream maker next time I go to Walmart.

Butter pecan is my favoirte too... yumm.  Thanks for the recipe!
~*Tiffany*~ my DS