Who benefited from DSers posting on other forums?

Leslie
on 12/30/07 12:41 am
I had decided that weight loss surgery just wasn't for me. I knew I couldn't live with all the pouch rules and dumping was just NOT something I wanted to live with. I ruled out the lap band when I read about that thing getting into places that it shouldn't be! But then while doing a little more research I stumbled onto OH and the main board. I saw a huge heated thread about RNY vs DS. They RNY folks were throwing out lots of insults and the DS people kept throwing out charts and studies!! I always say you can't argue with the facts!! I have and love my life with the DS and I say keep doing what you're doing, Diana. Obviously the word is getting out!!  I would not have had weight loss surgery AT ALL if it wasn't for you and the DS!! (I have to also credit  Alison and Melissa) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

4 Years Post Op: At Goal And STILL Loving My DS!  
340/180/180  ~  5'11"  ~   I lost 160 lbs!!  
LBL & Hernia Repair: Done! Arm Lift: Done! Next Up: Thighs & Boobs!
Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at
DSFacts.com

divagoddess
on 12/30/07 1:07 am - Dayton, OH
You know... They call DSers rude.. but goodness..  I am probably one of the most polite people.. I gave an opinon and the girl was so very rude. Totally unacceptable. I even said it was MY opinon. I think I might have to get out my rudeness and let loose.
                             ~Brandy~                          
                            HW- 333 SW-306 CW- 144 GW-150     

LeaAnn
on 12/30/07 1:50 am - Huntsville, AL

They are in such dire need of a sandwich and a smile over there it isn't even funny!:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/a,messageboard/action, replies/board_id,5465/

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/07 1:54 am - San Jose, CA
The second post referenced on this thread that has been deleted?  What was the topic?
LeaAnn
on 12/30/07 5:59 am - Huntsville, AL
It's prolly not deleted.  My link is just prolly broke!  Grrrr....It's the "Before you choose" thing over on the RNY Forum.
Rosalind G.
on 12/30/07 2:20 am, edited 12/30/07 2:23 am - La Cañada Flintridge, CA
Wow!  Sounds like you're on the righteous path of being vile and malicious. LOL  I'm trying to get there with Leanne's support.  See how far the encouragement here can go? ;>) Woops! Edited to say this was intended for DivaGoddess.

All is well in the garden, Roz
DS lap--8/4/04--Dr John Rabkin, San Francisco (246/118)
4/6/06--Lower body lift with muscle repair, Dr J. C.Fuentes, MX
7/31/06--Facelift; TCA peel (lower eyes); canthopexy,Dr . Binder (love him), BH, CA
2/7/07--Breast Aug/Lift--Dr  Bresnick, Encino, CA
Better living through the scalpel

GingerLee2
on 12/30/07 1:49 am - College Place, WA
Actually, I was so computer illiterate that my daughter sent me a link to Spark People.  She was very against wls for me.  I found a thread called dieting after wls and started hanging out there.  I had purchased a book several years before about the different weight loss surgeries, but hadn't got the nerve to take it further until my co-morbidities kicked into high gear. I owe it to LindaJ, a member here, that gave me the link specifically for the DS because I had confided to the group that that was the direction I was leaning, but wanted to know more about it than the little book I had gave me. Well, I got my wish lurking here for awhile and taking in all the info from everyone.  I still don't know my way around a computer or how to save things when I see things I'd like to keep, but I know it'll come back around  when another newbie asks the same question again. Thanks to everyone who keeps paying it forward and is willing to patiently answer all our questions over and over. Ginger
lowellian
on 12/30/07 2:13 am - OR
Hi Ginger! Get your daughter to give you a crash course on the site...saving, copying etc. pre surgery so you can make a little notebook of common post surgery questions / concerns. I did- and it kept me from asking a question that'd been answered here for  the 100th time (heehee -which is still ok as we love to help) but will keep you calm during those 1st post op days. Can't wait for January and still hope to come to PDX to meet you in person !
Lowellian  * LAB RAT CHARTS  remember to add data!
GingerLee2
on 12/30/07 2:45 am - College Place, WA
Aw, shucks Lowellian.  You're such a good Angel.  I'm really going to try to learn all that stuff. And I can't wait to meet you too.  Hope you can come! Ginger
M J
on 12/30/07 1:58 am - XX
I came on OH looking for info on the band vs. rny.....went to a chatroom one evening and asked the group what type of surgery they had had and how they were doing.  A man  (maybe Scotty, but am not sure!) said he had gone for the "whole enchilada...the DS".  He spent a few minutes explaining the difference and I went to the DS forum from there.  Changed my mind, cancelled my RNY, found a DS doc and had the surgery all in a 3 week period.  Thank you Mystery DS Man!!!!