Who benefited from DSers posting on other forums?

Kerry D.
on 12/29/07 9:11 pm
I had researched but knew very little about it....when I came here I went to the main board first to hear experiences from people....and because of posts there I went to the DS board...and did more research finally choosing it for myself.

SW338/GW180/CW157.5 - 180 lbs gone forever!

RosieHawk
on 12/29/07 9:45 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I was thinking about the Band & RNY originally.  Then I got some DS info from Lisa A. which led me here and to www.duodenalswitch.com.  I really liked what Lisa A. was showing me but in my head was still focused on the Band and RNY but becoming more and more interested based on a few threads in the RNY forum that kept leading me back to the DS forum.  Once I started becoming more visible in the Ontario foum Kelly A. took me under her wing and got the ball rolling with OHIP.  I branched out from the Ontario forum and started posting on the DS forum  and ALL of you took me under your wings and I've been laughing ever since.

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

T H.
on 12/29/07 9:55 pm, edited 12/29/07 10:15 pm - Bryantown, MD
I had initially come to OH (and elsewhere) to check into the lapband due to all the hype on the tv commercials about it, which makes me cringe now everytime I see it.  Within the first 5 minutes I knew that wasnt for me (especially since I am not too keen on needles so searching around with a needle to find my port on what could be a routine basis, made me want to vomit at just the thought) so I moved over to researching RNY, then VSG.  I was stuck on VSG but if I could get my insurance to cover anything at all, they wouldnt cover VSG.  I had steered away from the DS as just the words looked scary to me and I had read the scary mis-information about it.  But because I knew the other options werent good ones for me, I kept coming back to research the DS further, and as I did, I found posts by Val and LeaAnn on the main boards and they looked healthy, vibrant, happy and very knowledgeable.  On the MD board I found JoTeddie who was just about to have surgery and since she was from Maryland, I followed her story.  I just kept reading and reading.   Its funny that now when I tell people I am having WLS, they automatically think I am having RNY, then Lapband... so I go through the whole process and tell them I am doing the DS and how I came to this conclusion.  Most are interested though I am sure a couple have thought "I wish she'd shut up, why did i ask?".. haha Thank you to everyone for your thoughtfulness, honesty and integrity in helping me to make the right decision for me.  
The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/07 9:57 pm

Me for sure.  I found postings from Amanda S and Melissa Mermaid and there was no going back.  I will be forever grateful to them both. Sharon

Mis94
on 12/29/07 10:04 pm - PA
I wish I'd seen a post about the DS on the lap band board 3 years ago..would have saved me the trouble of getting a revision last month!  Keep spreading the word about the DS and save others the misery I went through! A therapist suggested I look into the DS, then Elizabeth, Kelly K, and LeaAnn gave me great info.  Thanks to all three, as well as all the others that post regularly and give all that great DS info!
Missy - Got my DS 11/06/07 and got RID of the  band!  Thanks Dr. P!!!
Anna G.
on 12/29/07 11:05 pm
One more grateful pre-op. I would never have clicked on "Duodenal Switch" because it never occurred to me that it was a type of weight loss surgery. If I hadn't stumbled on a DS thread on the RNY board I would probably already have an RNY right now. I am forever grateful to the dedicated men and women who get the message out about the DS.

Frozen_Peach
on 12/29/07 11:30 pm

is it wrong I'm amused by this post

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/a,messageboard/action ,replies/board_id,4856/cat_id,4456/topic_id,3485185/

and on the main board no less???  where's that stirring icon when you need it! LOL

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Hubba
on 12/30/07 2:11 pm - KS
Here is the stirring Icon  000200A5.gif image by MsCalCulator     Use when needed...

Hubba 
 "Well son, since you don't have any respect for your elders, it's time somebody taught you some respect for your betters!"     John Wayne   
Click the image to Copy the code, then just paste it in a forum thread

!

Frozen_Peach
on 12/29/07 11:38 pm

oh and I 100% credit LeaAnn and Diana for getting me over here.....I was set to get my date for RNY in October but (long story short) I got put off and now have to wait - BUT the good thing to come out of that is - during my grieving of not getting my RNY I was able to hear about the DS!

WOOT!  I'm so glad now I was postponed!  "course now that's turned into a cancel until '09....

but you can bet your bottom dollar, IF I still need it in '09 and my insurance covers it - I'm DS

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

divagoddess
on 12/29/07 11:42 pm - Dayton, OH
I have to say...  Gosh am I lucky. I never once even thought about the RNY. It has always been the DS for me. My mom's neighbor had it in 2000. My brother's best friend's mom had it in 2001. So for me.. it was totally the opposite. I knew everything about the DS but nothing about RNY. When I started my job that covered WLS my boss had the RNY... I saw how she was living.. I saw how Sonia (my mom's neighbor) was living.. and I smelled my boss's poo (we have a small office and she doesn't care and just goes in there- I use the one down the hall) and thought.. well mine could not be any worse.  Now, I tell everyone I can. I was in Lane Bryant yesterday- (80% off) and telling one of the people that work there. They are all wanting the lapband. I try every day to tell at least one person how wonderful life is with the DS. I tell them I ate normally at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Most of the responses I get are- I don't want to eat sweets.. Which is where I think most RNYers fail. They are gung ho on the no sweets but as soon as they can eat alittle... thats when they fail. If you can from the beginning.. you won't gorge and fail. Just my opinon. (and I am posting it again on the RNY forum)
                             ~Brandy~                          
                            HW- 333 SW-306 CW- 144 GW-150