Who benefited from DSers posting on other forums?

kirmy
on 2/10/11 3:05 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I started out on the RNY board and was very sweetly redirected by MsBatt I think from my sketcy memory.  Then a heap of you guys chimed in and I came scampering about poking my nose into the DS forum and it was a total no-brainer from there.  The only tough side for my being in the UK was that there were so few options and those that did perform it charged like a wounded bull. Luckily for my Rose and Pekin Sal chimed in and set me right.  What excellent girls they are.

I'm only three pounds off being at goal and have been terrible of late.  I can't actually believe I'm still losing weight despite myself.  I wouldn't have had the same margin for misbehavior if I'd gone with the RNY.  No doubt I'd have been successful initially but I know that in a year's time from my initial surgery the weight would be trickling back on and my eating habits would go from a diet mentality to binging and guilt. 

I'm so happy with my choice and so delighted that you guys keep me right.  I love my DS and think the vets are the bees knees.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
LindyLoo
on 2/10/11 3:09 am - Upstate, SC
I was planning on an RNY...and had even met 2 surgeons.
Had been reading the "main" board for months. Then a flame war broke out. The general subject was Dser's go away, this is OUR (RNY) Board. Yet it was the main board...
I was tempted to read about the Dark Side when, as the flame war escalated, it became apparent that most of the RNY responses were highly emotional, yet the DS replies were factual, calm, and not inflamatory.
So yet again, I started reading and researching.
Reason and hard facts won me over to a DS, and thank God for it!
I'm 4+ years out, healthy and happy.
I begrudge no one their CHOICE. But please make that choice after reviewing ALL the options. It matters - it is YOUR LIFE.

Lindy
 sw 286/  cw 180ish  BMI 28
Thank God for the DS! It saved my life, literally & figuratively! 

Katie K.
on 2/10/11 3:22 am - Grand Haven, MI
I was perusing the main board and the RNY board. I did not know anything about DS or that it exsisted. Someone replied.. I think it was Jenna.. and gave me the link to DSFACTS.com

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Hendramy
on 2/10/11 3:46 am

I  this thread!

I also  to all of the vets here who apparently never tire of answering the same questions (and variations on the same questions) over and over.  You are a GREAT bunch.

I found out about the DS at my surgery information seminar when it was presented, and I'm not joking, as the Cadillac of WLS.  I really wasn't paying attention to that though because I wanted "a less invasive" procedure.  Then a relative with an RNY that I reached out to told me about the OH site and I started perusing the DS board to learn more.  I was pointed to dsfacts.com and after a lot reading I found there were some local superstars that were regulars on the board, Jenna, Lisa, Sarah, Ginger.  By that time I was convinced that if I was ever going to succeed in my battle against obesity it would be the DS that would be my tool.  These amazing success stories and support here and with my local surgical practice are invaluable. 

It has been a blessing and I'm still learning (and will be for a long time!) and you guys and gals are the BEST!

Amy
HW 324/ SW 303/ CW 172/ GW130            
* Gail R *
on 2/10/11 6:25 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Yep Diana, you're my hero! I was crying on the California board about Kaiser dragging their feet on my getting approval for the RNY. You informed me of my right to appeal and suggested that I should look into appealing to get the DS while I was at it. I did my research--finally--and realized that the DS was the surgery for me. I had watched others get their RNY surgery, lose weight and regain a LOT of weight back. I sure didn't want that to happen to me. At that time the CA board might as well have been called the CA RNY board. Other opinions weren't welcome at that time. I don't know if that has changed as I gave up on them. But I think I will add to your thread and post there again as a "pay it forward".

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/11 4:15 pm
I benefited from cross posting to other boards and surgery wars

Without people endlessly posting about it I would have never know it to be an option and to those that pay it forward through the **** THANK YOU!
DeleriumMercy
on 2/11/11 10:56 pm - Indianapolis, IN
 Same here! I was on my required weight loss program for RNY.  As I lurked in the board I saw a post by a DSer, the rest is history!! I am only 6 weeks out, but I love my DS and am 41 lbs down!!!

Thank you vicious, dedicated DSers, keep paying it forward!!!

Lacey

Imissthe80s
on 11/21/11 5:09 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I believe it was Ms. Batt who uttered the two letters that have turned my life upside down...DS....

BUMP

Also, where are a lot of these folks now? Living, I suppose.

CriscoNinja
on 11/23/11 12:55 pm
DS on 06/05/12
I just wanted to say thank you for your post about Thanksgiving Dinner.  It got me interested enough to head to the DS board, read, go to dsfacts.com, read, watch as many youtube videos I could on the subject, and then research the only surgeons who do DS in MN.  Without that post I would NOT have even know what the DS was all about.  

I am confident that I do not want to settle and am plowing full ahead into pursuing a DS.  So here is a heartfealt thank you .

THANK YOU!

Jen B
Well I used to have a link here, but you know how that goes...
Crazeru
on 11/26/11 5:56 am
I am thankful every day for my DS.  Thanks goodness for a surgery war which brought me to the DS board and Diana for help with Kaiser.  It's been over 3.5 years and I'm loving life.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda