Who benefited from DSers posting on other forums?

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/08 7:00 am - Horsham, PA
Jupiter, I think you are rockin your surgery and, you do have the strength to go all the way and would have been a great DSer would've rocked that too. So lets see, you did not profit from the posting wars. .   At the same time I did, I had the DS.Yes I am a ***** when needed. Do I think that is why I got the DS - HELL NO , it is because I was offered any surgery I only had to research(2yrs. in the works), make my insurance qualify me, get a surgeon who did the surgery and here I am one year later 147 lbs. lighter.  I was sent here by Lepardgirl (my angel). I waged thru lots of crap from the main board ignorance of no surgery but RNY,  thank you to all whom have gone before me!
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/08 7:12 am - sunny, CA
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/08 7:21 am, edited 7/7/08 7:22 am - AZ
I love this site and I learn alot from you guys. I just had a revision from gastric bypass to a extended one. So I am part DSer and RNY = Erny. I have the restriction and the malaborption. I wish they had DS surgery back in 1997. I never had that offered to me or aany support groups nothing. Dr Schlesinger my surgeon said I did not really have a bypass. It left me with 75 cm of the common channel. Did leave my stomach alone. He said it was to dangerous. So far everything is good. My surgery to a entended was July 2. Feel pretty good bit you still have incisional pain. Still waring the binder for good support. He had to to fix incarcerated hernia and incarcerated bowel. He did a little anastomis for the incarcerated bowel. I like when DS'ers go someone else to post and I hate all this fighting going on or what ever you call it. I just think people forgot what these sites are really for.... helpful that is. Dawn
RainyDayWoman
on 8/15/08 11:39 am - Fridley, MN
I appreciate the blunt and evidence-based info handed out freely by DSers at OH.  I'm glad I saw some of the info and read up more on my own because I did what a lot of people do and picked a highly rated hospital near my house that only offered RNY and lap-band. 

Initially, I was torn between the two as I read up on them and had a sneaky suspicion that both seemed designed as a penance for fat people.  I finally settled on RNY because I have a lot to lose, but the idea of the DS was in the back of my mind.  One day I said, whoa.  I almost had lap-band because I had misconceptions about RNY.  Am I going to have RNY because I have misconceptions about DS?

And then?  Well, you had me at butter. 
RosieHawk
on 8/15/08 11:43 am - Ottawa, Canada
"Well, you had me at butter."

Well we are evil and all that LOLOLOL!

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

RainyDayWoman
on 8/15/08 11:43 am - Fridley, MN
Oh yeah, and people being blunt, self-assured and even a little *****y when the time is right - not a problem!  These decisions are life-changing and I don't think we should all tiptoe around each other when discussing them.
LeaAnn
on 8/15/08 12:13 pm - Huntsville, AL
Another smart one squeezes through the smokescreen of stupidity!  Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!  WELCOME!!
Sarah76010
on 8/15/08 12:22 pm - Mansfield, TX
HELL YEA! I came back to OH looking to have my failed (mechanical failure) RNY from 2000 "tightened up" and maybe turned into a distal.... and I saw a post (can't remember who) about DS - "DS WHAT?"

changed my life.

"You can make a life, or you can make excuses, but you can't do both."

Considering weight loss surgery? Check out the DS first!!
www.dsfacts.com

Frozen_Peach
on 10/7/08 12:07 pm
heehee

I JUST LOVE this thread and think it needs revisiting time and again so the newbies can chime in how grateful they are for hearing about the DS from those that pay-it-forward!!

so...here's my *BUMP*

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/08 12:32 pm

Thanks for the ~BUMP~ Peach

And thanks to all the renegade DSers who pay it forward on the other forums. 

Yes, visits from DSers to the lapband and VSG forums helped me see the light and head on over to the Dark Side.