OhioSteve
on 10/13/08 9:02 pm
Got it, good luck with the approval!

Steve

Steve in Cleveland, Ohio - BPD/DS 02/25/2008
The WLS information site you can edit and improve! www.wlswiki.com
geberika
on 10/21/08 11:43 am
Hi Steve, my date has changed -- I'm now November 4. Still with Dr. Gagner. Can't wait! 

Erika - DS in 2008 - SW 162, LW 131 (2009), CW 160

nicoleok
on 10/21/08 12:49 pm - Montreal, Canada
november 7th...

holy crap!

so my surgery is november 7th. my surgeon and i are still debating a bit if i should just have a sleeve gastrectomy or a BPD with duodenal switch. i'm leaning towards the latter, because i just.want.this.done! he's leaning towards the former because he says at my size (5'7" 280ish) it will likely give me sufficient weight loss, i'd have no serious long term concerns due to the surgery (need for supplements, etc), and i can get the bypass as a sequel in a year if my weight loss hasn't been enough. oh well, sometime this week we'll make a decision. any thoughts?

i start optifast this friday, which terrifies me. it terrifies me a little because i'm a surgical resident (i've already heard all the jokes about diy surgery) and i am on call every 3 nights or so, which means i'm up for about 36 hours at a time, and i think that'll be hard to do on 900cals a day. it terrifies me a lot because high high protein tends to give people such horrifying bad breath. actually i think that's my third biggest concern about the surgery (my biggest being what if i have so many BMs i have to constantly scrub out of the OR, and the second biggest being the loose skin). thoughts here?

i apologize that this is so disjointed. it's one of those post-call days, and i've been up for way too long now.

i guess i just needed to make this real, and tell more people than just my boyfriend, parents, and my surgeon and i was told you were a great bunch of people to ask.  i'm browsing though the board, but anything you wish you knew before your surgery? i'm sure i'll have many post-op questions, especially about how best to get in all that protein. and likely a load of things that i can't even fathom right now. so, thanks, and i look forward to bugging you.
kellylink
on 10/23/08 8:31 pm
Hi, Steve!  My DS is November 17th.

Thanks!
Sharon1020
on 10/28/08 2:58 am - Woodbridge, NJ
Hi Steve,
My surgery date is 12/1/08.  I'm having the open procedure performed by Dr. Heather McMullen and Dr. Jeff Nicastro on Staten Island, New York.
Thanks,
Sharon
SweetAsHoney25
on 11/1/08 10:29 am
Hello!  I am Bonnie and I am very new and I am trying to learn my way around.  So far, so good.  My surgery date is November 5, 2008 with Dr. Bonnani at Abington Hospital.
OhioSteve
on 11/3/08 9:10 pm
List updated, good luck tomorrow!

Steve

Steve in Cleveland, Ohio - BPD/DS 02/25/2008
The WLS information site you can edit and improve! www.wlswiki.com
smanning316
on 11/4/08 11:55 pm - Denton, TX
Hi!

I'm new to this also!  My name is Shannon and I am having my DS surgery with Dr. Daryl Stewart in Denton, TX on Nov. 19!  2 Weeks from today!!!

Thanks!

Shannon
TheCityDoll
on 11/6/08 3:10 pm - Brooklyn, NY
I FINALLY GOT MY SURGERY APPROVED AND HAVE A DATE!!!!!

It's been a long battle, but I finally won.  My surgery is scheduled for December 1, 2008 with Dr. Roslin at Lenox Hill Hospital.  I couldn't be more excited!  I have been waiting for this day for a LONG time...

Thank you to everyone on here for all your love, advice and support!!!

Love,
Lauren
ariadne1969
on 11/6/08 8:27 pm - Dayton, OH
Hi Steve -- My DS is 18 Nov.
Most Active