PLEASE HELP ME REQUIRE ASSISTANCE ON REVISION

JROLFSON
on 10/24/07 7:56 am - St. George, UT

HI THERE: I'M CURRENTLY CONSIDERING A REVISION FROM RNY TO DS. I NEED INPUT PLEASE.  I HAD A GASTRIC STAPLING BACK IN THE OLD DAYS (1980) LOST OVER 125 LBS AND MAINTAINED A SOMEWHAT DECENT WEIGHT AND THEN IT CAME OPEN AND REGAINED ALMOST ALL 125 LBS.  THEN I GOT A REVISION TO RNY PROXIMAL, I BELIEVE IT WAS, IN 1990. I LOST 125 LBS AGAIN. MAINTAINED MY WEIGHT FAIRLY SATISFACTORILY, UNTIL ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO.  IN THE LAST YEAR I HAVE GAINED A FRIGHTFUL AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AND I AM 25 LBS SHY OF WHAT I WAS WHEN I HAD THE RNY REVISION IN 1990.  I HAVE RESEARCHED JUST ABOUT EVERY PROCEDURE I'VE SEEN ON THIS FORUM, THE REVISION FORUM, AND I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I KNOW I HAVE TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR ME, BUT I NEED MORE INFORMATION FROM THOSE PATIENTS WHO HAD HAD RNY TO DS REVISIONS SO THAT I CAN EVALUATE THE BEST WAY TO GO. CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE, ANY OF YOU OUT THERE WHO HAVE HAD A REVISION RNY TO DS, PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS, LIKES OR DISLIKES, WHAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE OR SHOULD HAVE DONE. ETC, ETC. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, I LOVE OH. JANIE ROLFSON

MajorMom
on 10/24/07 8:05 am - VA
Hang tight Janie. We have several folks who post all the time who have traveled similar roads as you have and will likely respond to you soon. So, welcome to the DS board and ask any questions you like. Gina  
Dreamy
on 10/24/07 8:17 am

Hello to a fellow Utahn! I'm up north in Salt Lake. I'm getting the DS next month. I'm not a revision, but there's another woman from Utah (Paula) who just got a revision from an old stomach staple. I just wanted to say hi! There are quite a few people who post regularly on this board who have had RNY-to-DS revisions. I'm sure they'll give you lots of info. I think the DS is a really good way to go. The RNY-to-DS revisions have proven to be VERY successful at finally losing weight and keeping it off.

Dreamy
HW:303, SW:286, CW:148, GW:150

Valerie G.
on 10/24/07 8:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Hold tight, Janie!  We've got some very happy and successful revisions on this board.  Hopefully, they'll be chiming in real soon.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

KRWaters
on 10/24/07 10:58 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Janie,  My 2 cents here. I had RnY in 2005 and stalled after 8 months for over a year. Then last fall I started gaining and have gained 40 pounds. I am seeking a revision to a DS. From reading posts here and on duodenalswitch.com, I feel for me, the DS is the best way to go to get the weight off and keep it off once and for all. Less chance of regain and once you have the DS, there is no revision needed; you have hit the high mark. There is better quality of life, no dumping as the pyloric valve stays intact (in my case it will be repaired to function again). You can eat more variety of items and no stoma stricture or ulcer and you can take NSAIDS for any medical problem. You can drink with meals too! There are quite a few who have had the DS revision already and keep posting this question until you get several answers.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Carol J.
on 10/24/07 11:05 pm - Barrie, Canada
Oh Janie, you poor thing! I'm not a revision but wanted to say welcome and I'm sure lots of our revisions will chime in here. There have been many successful revisions from previous surgeries to the DS, but there are higher risks of complications. Other revisions have said that your choice of surgeon, someone who is very experience in doing the DS and revisions, is key to a positive outcome. Good luck.

I
LOVE My DS!
5'10"   272/140/132-167 (SW/CW/GW)       
Starting BMI - 40  Current BMI - 20
Most Active
15 years post surgery
jopringle · 1 replies · 58 views