Good, bad and will to not choke the crap out of stupid people

Nicole S.
on 8/8/11 2:00 am - Vallejo, CA
The good - Pre op class tomorrow, and 10 days out from surgery!!!!

The bad- stupid people who do not know when to shut the heck up when talking to you about your weight loss, especially when they ask you stupid **** like, "Whos the man you are doing this for?"

I am super excited and have my life heading in the right direction, until I meet stupid people who say stupid ****  I dont need to do anything for a man, I can do this FOR myself thank you very much.  I am however, trying to be a little more patient - patience is not my virtue.  I did not choke the hell out of the person who all interested in my weight loss.  Now, mind you I have told everyone I am close to (this woman NOT being one of them- for this reason - her obnoxious comments about it being for a man)  Not my freaking fault she has to do things for a man and had gone trolling in the cesspool of men we work with.  I dont, and wont do that.  I dont **** where I eat - thank you very much!

(btw didnt gain a lb with my birthday - YAY!!!)

Thanks for letting me vent/rant!!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 5:03 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, I think sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALALALA" while she's talking
might get your point across.

Good luck!!
acbbrown
on 8/8/11 5:25 am - Granada Hills, CA
I can think of a few men in my dreams :)

Great job with the birthday celebrations! That's tough to do! (I had surgery on my birthday so I have an entire year before that issue comes up :-p)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 10:24 am - CA
ugh that is why i didn't share that i was having surgery or afterwards.
i hate the judging, and the guesswork they come up with. grrrrr

we do this for OURSELVES !!!  for the first time in how ever long, we have taken steps to be in control of health and our bodies.
Michelle C.
on 8/8/11 11:55 pm - Oakley, CA
I know it is very frustrating when people make comments like that.   I have stopped telling people I have had WLS, purely because I don't care to hear their judgments and act like because I had WLS I didn't work hard to loose 145lbs (pre-op & post op). 

If I read your post right, your only 10 days out.  Trust me you will get to the point you can just blow off the comments.

HW 315/SW 260/CW 164/GW 160

alyzbzee
on 8/9/11 1:49 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
 I have to agree with the stupidity of some people and of course the negative & ignorance.

Anyone I come across I have told that I had WLS or they knew before I had it.  Fortunately for me, everyone has been extremely positive and supportive.  There has been a few (friends, family, & acquaintances) with the negative attitude & look.  Guess What?  They are no longer my friends, family or acquaintances.  I don't need these type of people in my life even if they are family.

As I prepared myself in the months before my surgery, I kept my head high, and a complete and total positive attitude about it. 

I CHOSE TO DO THIS FOR ME & MY LIFE, TO ENJOY THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH MY FAMILY, ENJOY THE GOLDEN YEARS WITH MY HUBBY (several years away still), SEE MY CHILDREN GET MARRIED & MEET MY GRANDCHILDREN, (1st grandchild to arrive in Jan/Feb 2012.

Congrats on not gaining weight for your birthday.  Wish I could get back to losing but I have been exactly the same for 1 yr now.  I just need to get off my butt and go exercise.  Exercise always seems to help.

Keep your head up and continue fighting the fight.

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

Nicole S.
on 8/10/11 12:41 am - Vallejo, CA
The thing is this woman I know I havent said anything to her about my WLS.  She is always all up in my business for some reason.  The nosey *****  She isnt even a friend of mine, just a co worker
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

yellomodelchick06
on 8/13/11 2:14 am - Moreno Valley, CA
No she didnt say that! Whatever... what a hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 12:16 am - CA
I sympathize with your frustration.  I've been out of surgery about 2 weeks now, and one of my biggest fears/anticipated frustrations is having people look at me and say ridiculous things like:
"Hey--look at you!  What happened to you"  As if I have grown a 3rd eye....
"How much weight have you lost?"  Over and over--As if they are tracking a ball game score....
"What's your secret for weight loss?  Please tell me!"
"Hey--why did you have to have surgery for that?  You could have just dieted and gotten the same results!"

I also subscribe to the idea that I am doing this for me--I like the direction that I am going in with this plan, and I hope to be, at some level, an inspiration to others around me who are in a similar situation with their health and weight.  I just don't like the idea of dealing with the nimrods and clods out there.

Most Active