Recent Posts

May76
on 3/22/13 5:59 am
Topic: Plastic surgery

Hi, has anyone had a lower body lift in BC? I was wondering what the costs were? and are there many doctors who do this procedure? or has anyone had a lower body lift in Mexico? wondering what that experience was like and the cost?

Thanks

MaGraw
on 3/22/13 3:04 am - Canada
Topic: RE: MSP?

I went to Montreal.  No, none, 0...refund at all.

EKC
on 3/20/13 4:04 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Waitlist times for west coast bariatric center

Waittimes are just to get into the program. After you get in it all depends on how ready you are. I waited 1.5 years to get in and after my first meeting because I started the changes to my lifestyle ( writing food down, portion control, no soda or junk and exercise) I will have my surgery within a couple months. Others are not so ready and need extra help and can take a little longer. I heard 6 months after starting the program is the norm, but everyone is different. One lady who I went to orientation with is having surgery in a couple weeks. Be prepared before you get the call to come in (go to their website and download the forms and read weight loss for dummies) and trust the team as they have your best interests and will let you have the surgery when you are ready and in the best possible position for success!

stormyrock
on 3/16/13 2:11 pm
VSG on 02/18/13
Topic: MSP?

Just wondering if anyone else went to a different province or country for surgery and got partial refund from MSP?  ( Sleeve )

Highest weight 271

VSG Feb 18/2013

shutterfly
on 3/8/13 6:03 am - vancouver, Canada
Topic: waitlist update
The wait list is now 3 years.

Yup. THREE YEARS.
suzanneb
on 3/6/13 4:06 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: Weight Loss surgery support meeting - Vancouver March meeting **** at Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital
Yes I wll add you to the WLS email list.

stormyrock
on 3/5/13 11:32 am
VSG on 02/18/13
Topic: RE: Weight Loss surgery support meeting - Vancouver March meeting **** at Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital

Can I be added to the list?  [email protected]  I don't think I can make it on the 7th but would love to join a support group.

Highest weight 271

VSG Feb 18/2013

Laney B.
on 3/5/13 10:53 am
Topic: RE: great surgeon for a tummy tuck in lower mainland?

thanks again hon! yeah i did go thru alot to get my surgery, i'm glad i got it, it's enabled me to pretty much eat healthy, where i couldn't before, i was too hungry.... but i carry all my weight in my stomach, and even tho i have lost 90 lbs i still pretty much look as bad as i ever did, my face looks skinnier tho... i wrote to one surgeon about a tummy tuck and he asked me if i had lost any weight AT ALL after seeing a nude pic of my stomach.... he recommended that i don't get the surgery because a tummy tuck doesn't remove fat, just skin... so yeah, i gave up and spend the money on an RV lol... but i'm still losing weight slowly, so hopefully, one day.... thanks so much, now i know it's possible

bonnietuck
on 3/5/13 10:47 am - Canada

the lower tummy was covered and i think a partial part of the thigh lift was covered by health care   in edmonton, i had a series of about 12 classes i had to attend to have ryn done. i also saw a psychologist, nutritionist , nurses  and doctor. the whole process took about 2 years not to mention the 3 years waiting list.  all the pain and waiting was worth it i guess

Laney B.
on 3/5/13 6:12 am

thank you soooooo much!!! did you have partial coverage?  went thru what classes? lol

i spent the money on something else, but will come up with it again i'm sure, maybe by then he will take new patients :)

Most Active