Recent Posts

megan1emma2lilly3
on 7/24/13 12:08 pm - dartmouth, Canada
Topic: RE: waitlist update

Hi Everyone,

I am from Nova Scotia, wait time here is 10 years! One surgeon, my Dr. just put in the referral you are not allowed to even call the clinic to see if they have received the referral.

I wish Canada would recognize obesity as a health condition and put in place the correct resources. I am a nurse and disgusted with the lack resources.

Heather

Nikkal
on 7/23/13 1:00 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: RE: Hey everyone, I have my first consultation
Yay!! If you're seeing Dr S or Dr N, and haven't already joined, you should join our FB support group - it's great. Associated with but independent from the clinic. Search for Westcoast Bariatric & apply (that's why this board is so dead)
shutterfly
on 7/18/13 2:56 pm - vancouver, Canada
Oh wow! Congrats! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Sharkeatyou
on 7/18/13 8:22 am

A little update!! I just got a call a few days ago with an orientation session. I attended that yesterday, and I am officially in the program.  I should be having my surgery within the next 6 months.  So excited!

Sharkeatyou
on 7/18/13 8:17 am
Topic: RE: Hey everyone, I have my first consultation

Way to go!!! I just got my consultation too. Things are finally happening!

dare2see
on 7/13/13 6:09 am - Maple Ridge, Canada
Topic: Hey everyone, I have my first consultation

Hey, I have my  first consultation next wed. I have waited for a year and a half.

So excited!!!  broken heart

passel
on 7/7/13 5:36 am
Topic: RE: Newbie
! Congratulations Margaret and all best wishes for grear success! Would you pls share your Dr Joya experience with us, once you have returned? I'm going to see Dr Joya for Sleeve surgery in late Oct, and woul love to have a preview.
You will have a great experience, I just know
Cheers,
Lena S.
on 7/7/13 4:34 am, edited 7/7/13 4:36 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
Topic: Great Chance to Meet other WLS People!! August Long Weekend!!
  • A camping trip for WLS peeps and their families!!! If you are a whimp.... err I mean not a camper you may rent a cabin or hotel to stay in at Harrison Lake which is 7km from Sasquatch Park . We will be renting a large group campsite at Hicks Lake in Sasquatch Provincial Park near Harrison Lake. On Saturday we will have a big Potluck BBQ and Campfire. There are no hook ups at the group site, and no electricity. This is very wilderness type site, there are 2 pit toilets, a water tap and a picnic shelter with a wood stove. The site is less than 100 ft from the beach on a very warm lake.
    Cost per Person to attend the BBQ or Camp out is $20.
    Cost per Camping spot IE per tent or RV $30 for all 3 days. ($10 per night)
    These charges will include the cost of renting the site, propane for the BBQ and wood for the fire etc. any proceeds left over will go into funding the next years M&G.
    Please note these fees are NON REFUNDABLE.

Please friend me on FaceBook!!  Lena Sterne.  You may also email me at [email protected] or call me at 778-552-6890

Lena
Abbotsford BC

Lena S.
on 7/7/13 4:30 am, edited 7/7/13 4:30 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
Topic: RE: Moving to BC and need info.

We also have a fairly active peer support system in the lower mainland/ fraser valley.  I am in Abbotsford and we have a monthly support group meeting.  Please friend me on Facebook.

Lena Silbernagel Sterne

Lena
Abbotsford BC

mabrenan
on 7/6/13 3:47 pm, edited 7/6/13 3:50 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Newbie

I too have decided to go out of the country (Mexi****ould not see waiting for 3-4 years.  My surgery if scheduled for July 29th in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Joya - I did a lot of research before making my decision and feel he is the best doctor for my - Gastric Bypass - surgery

Margaret

Most Active