Recent Posts

shutterfly
on 10/30/13 8:25 am - vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: weight loss surgery in BC
Msp covers the surgery and pre and post check ups if that's the info that you're looking for.
chopper57
on 10/21/13 1:09 pm
Topic: weight loss surgery in BC

Does anyone know what MSP covers and what it doesn't.  What is the weight time, I was told three years

Peanut1
on 9/30/13 9:49 am
Topic: RE: Nutritionist in the Lower Mainland

Thanks.  I have had that conversation with my GP but she hasn't been of any help with respect to a nutritionist.  I"ll try tackling her again. 

shutterfly
on 9/29/13 4:20 am - vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: Nutritionist in the Lower Mainland
Make sure you get a nutritionist that knows about wls . its not very common in fact I found one that didn't agree with it and told me society needs more big girls in health care lol there's a dietician Canada website with registered nutritionists. Get your doc to refer you so you don't have to pay.
Peanut1
on 9/26/13 10:51 am
Topic: Nutritionist in the Lower Mainland

Does anyone have the name/email address of a nutritionist in the LM?  I am going to Mexico at the end of October for surgery and would like to speak to a nutritionist before I go (as well as for support when I get home).   I have had an incredibly difficult time tracking a nutritionist down.  Any info would be appreciated!

Member Services
on 9/23/13 4:59 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: This could be YOU! Your special WOW moment to celebrate your WLS...

One of our favorite features at ObesityHelp Events is the Fashion Show.  Sure, there are beautiful clothes but the very best part is having our members wear those beautiful clothes and share their WOW moment on the runway.  It is amazing to see our members celebrate and share their journey at the Fashion Show. 

We invite you to join us at the 2013 ObesityHelp National Conference on October 4th and 5th, in Anaheim, California.  It isn't too late for you to join us in the Fashion Show if you register now.  It will be a memory you will cherish forever!!

A picture is worth a million words!  Check out these photos of our members at our ObesityHelp National Conference as they strut their stuff and celebrate their new healthy lifestyle! 

fashion-show

momjan
on 9/16/13 1:46 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: MSP?

They may have stopped doing them.  There is/was a section for Out of Country (OOC) surgeries that approved various surgeries done elsewhere, not just bariatric.  Perhaps it isn't there anymore... The lady I dealt with there, in 2009/10 was Kelly Braithwaite.  Can't remember a phone number for her.   I have a referral from Dr. Tang, then I did up a letter telling Kelly why it was important to me (this was not asked for, I just wanted to ensure she knew where I was coming from), and then the application was reviewed and approved........

bonnietuck
on 9/3/13 10:54 pm - Canada
Topic: how does the program in bc work

i was reading the posts and is the surgery only done at the coast? i had mine done in edmonton and had to take about 12 different short courses on changing my lifestyle. are these done in bc. what is the process?

Charlie88
on 8/31/13 4:52 am - Calgary, Canada
Topic: RE: waitlist update

I agree the wait list is way to long. While I wait I keep doing research and try and find ways around it, no luck so far. But I did come across a blog that I find helpful in getting ready. It is by two sisters  who entered the program in February and they write about all their different appointments and what to expect. http://evieallyswhatstheskinny.blogspot.ca/

Sharkeatyou
on 8/30/13 4:31 am
Topic: RE: Going into my 3rd. appt.

I just had my meeting with Robin last week, and she cleared me for surgery.  So far I am cleared by nooshin and Robin.  I have my meeting with Dr. S on sept 6th and I still am waiting to hear from Jon.  I am so excited. As far as I am aware, I only have a gastroscopy left..... but who knows what Dr. S has to say :)

Most Active