Recent Posts

tangy13
on 2/4/14 11:35 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Dr Joya

I chose a surgeon in Tijuana so I'm not familiar with Dr. Joya, but I can tell you the difference between 6500 and 12000 depends on whether you are accompanied by a paid companion while in hospital in Mexico, or if you go by yourself.  I used a service based in Saskatoon to schedule the surgery, book a hotel room for me and my mother, and arrange for the drivers to/from the san diego airport.  i booked my own flights to/from the airport.  it's pretty cheap when you think about it; it's less than half the price of a decent used car.

Lolote
on 2/4/14 2:14 pm, edited 2/4/14 2:24 pm - AZ
VSG on 07/14/17
Topic: RE: Hey everyone, I have my first consultation

HAven't found the facebook page either. Is it still alive?

Hopefulforfreedom
on 2/1/14 11:04 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Waitlist times for west coast bariatric center

My referral went in Aug 2012 and I now have an orientation date of February 12....I had lost hope and now it's found! Lol

momjan
on 2/1/14 3:31 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Lower BMI?

Don`t know for sure, but I believe that if you have other co-morbidities - diabetes, pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, acid reflux, etc. they take these into consideration as well.

Lolote
on 1/30/14 3:10 pm, edited 2/8/14 8:48 pm - AZ
VSG on 07/14/17
Topic: Lower BMI?

Hi,

I was called today to schedule my first consult (Westcoast Bariatric). I have tried to lose weight since I first asked for a referral and have lost about 15lbs and am now at 39 BMI. Will I get denied since I don't have a BMI of 40 or over?

momjan
on 1/30/14 1:24 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Bariatric Shakes and Food

I buy whey isolate shakes from Popeye`s as you can return or exchange, even if opened, if you do not like the flavour.  I buy soy protein powder from Lifestyles Health Food store; cheaper there.  It is a good one to buy to mix into foods as it is unflavoured.  Makes good Muffin in a Mug, or pancakes.....  A mug in a muffin is....grease a coffee mug (spray works), drop in 1 egg, 1 scoop soy protein powder (whey powder doesn`t cook well), some flavoring  - vanilla extract, raisins, sweetner and a tiny amount of baking powder.  Stir together and nuke in the micro for about 60 seconds.  Tip out and enjoy.  All protein and no guilt.  Add variations..cinnamon, dates.....whatever you desire.

llap2002
on 1/23/14 2:25 am
Topic: RE: Dr Woodhead

i called today jan 23 14 to see if dr woodhead could do my fills  604 946 6500     (my dr leung has retired and has no office anymore) 

dr woodhead only does fills for his own surgery patients

dr woodward reception  recommended dr ngyen in richmond

same story there -  no fills unless surgery done by dr ngyuen    604 276 0952

DSJSMOM23
on 1/2/14 3:14 pm
VSG on 06/24/14
Topic: RE: Waitlist times for west coast bariatric center

My referral was sent June 2012. I am going for my first appt/orientation in January (2014) 

When my referral was sent in, I contacted the surgeons office to ensure they got it. They told me at that time the wait was approx 18 months. They were bang on!
After my referral was sent in, I started a program, and lost 40 pounds.

I am super nervous, but also excited! The thought of actually having my surgery done is 6 months is surreal after waiting the 18 months for the appt and the many years before making the decision to ask for a referral! LOL

M. Lynn
on 12/6/13 2:49 pm
Topic: Bariatric weight loss Councelor?

Does anyone know of a good psychologist in the lower mainland that does pre op counseling with bariatric patients? I'm not worried about getting depressed after the surgery I just want to work on some strategies for dealing with my emotional eating so that after i have the surgery I don't continue in my old habits. I am going to Mexico for the surgery as I am self pay so I don't really get any psychology screening before hand.

healthbound
on 11/1/13 12:17 pm - BC, Canada
Topic: Bariatric Shakes and Food

Hi Everyone!

Where are you buying your bariatric shakes and/or pre and post op food?

Most Active