Recent Posts

slide
on 5/30/14 9:51 am - Canada
VSG on 02/27/14
Topic: RE: Bariatric Support group in Vancouver

Would also be interested, I'm in the Vancouver area.

lilolovesstitch
on 5/26/14 11:12 am - Canada
VSG on 01/14/14

Id like that too. Im in Port Coquitlam:)

Ellefights
on 5/16/14 1:30 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Regain and so depressed

Hi. I am new to the board. I was looking for support as I am having the sleeve surgery before Xmas this year. I am also a drug and alcohol counsellor. 

I came across your post and was saddened by your difficult fight. I fully understand how you are feeling. I lost most of my weight several years ago and due to a tragedy I gained it all back plus 75lbs.  Do you have a good support team to help you through this difficult time?

Elle

Spacemonkeyham
on 5/13/14 4:43 pm - Canada

I would be interested too. My surgery date is June 18th and I may be laid up for a bit, but would like to attend once i'm able.

Nikki

Vancouver, BC. Canada

VSG  coming up June 18, 2014

tangy13
on 5/10/14 9:28 am - Canada
Frankie82
on 5/8/14 3:09 pm
RNY on 08/07/14
Topic: RE: Bariatric Shakes and Food

I was just given my pre-op diet plan as a `heads up.` I still don`t have a surgery date, but I was told to expect within 3-4 months. Me, being the neurotic cheapskate I am, have started to research the best prices on the shakes. So far the best I have come up with is go to the Glucerna website and sign up for their coupons, and then use them at Wal-Mart which has the best per unit price around.

jodyjetson
on 5/8/14 1:09 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: MSP Coverage in BC

Hi

I just had my surgery paid for by msp.  My surgery was done by DR Sampath in Richmond.  There are only a few Dr's that do this surgery so you need to get on someone's wait list.  MSP only pays for the sleeve or bi pass.  There are huge wait lists and lots and lots of hoops to jump through but it's worth it.  I am post op 7 days and have lost 14 pounds and am not hungry.  Good luck with your process!

jodyjetson
on 5/8/14 1:03 pm - Canada
Topic: Bariatric Support group in Vancouver

Hi I'm Jody and I am a week post op and had a gastric sleeve by Dr Sampath.  I feel great and have been surprised that I was virtually no pain or even discomfort.  Since May 1 I have lost 14 pounds.  Anyway feeling so good I decided I would find other weight loss surgery folks and attend the local support group at St Joseph's Hospital in Vancouver.  So I made my way there tonight and no one showed up.  I looked at the posting again and it was from 2011.  Haha  Anyway let me know if you want to start a group.  I would like to hang out with other folks who are in process or have been successful.

bbwvixen
on 5/1/14 10:32 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Regain and so depressed

I forgot to mention that I'm back up to the 200 mark, so I've regained about fourty pounds back. I try to keep positive, but have fallen back into the punishing myself for being a failure and a fat pig :(

bbwvixen
on 5/1/14 10:29 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: Regain and so depressed

The first year was definalty the honeymoon phase, although I didn't dump, I was active and watching what I was eating. Then a year later I had hernia repair and had 13 staples. Ten days later my dad died and I fell into a really dark depression. I spent the summer on Oxy, ativan and drinking. My shrink put me on serquel which can add to weight gain....

The next two years, I went back to school, and dealt with not only my depression but my husbands (and PTSD) and a sucidal teen.

Now I'm on year four and my mom just died and I'm stressed to the max. I've never dumped, so I'm eating bad bad bad. Chocolate, ice cream, ect. I'm still trying to eat less. (eating out, I always take half home).  I'm so physcially and emotionally exhausted, I can't make myself exercise, all I want to do is sleep, or mope around.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

Most Active