Recent Posts

MommaMahon
on 8/13/14 6:32 am - Williams Lake, Canada
Topic: RE: Bariatric and MSP?

Thank you very much. I have an appointment on Tuesday to discuss it all with my family physician. Leaning towards DS, I just hope it's covered too.

MyTurn2012
on 8/12/14 5:53 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15
Topic: RE: Bariatric and MSP?

As I understand it the RNY & Sleeve are covered..not so sure DS is though.

MommaMahon
on 8/11/14 3:08 pm - Williams Lake, Canada
Topic: Bariatric and MSP?

I'm considering RNY, DS, and sleeve. DS is my number one choice, then RNY, but is it done in BC? Is it covered by MSP, or how do I have them cover it?

Sectirepas1957
on 8/7/14 10:01 pm
Topic: RE: great surgeon for a tummy tuck in lower mainland?

I would suggest  you to go for Oakland's plastic surgeon - Dr. Joseph Togba . My friend got her tummy tuck from there. The procedure went well and got commendable results.

Neeven Soodyall
on 7/14/14 4:42 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Help!

I'm in BC; had surgery in Seattle but was paid for by BC Health. You may want to explore Out Of Country Funding like I did. My blog contains some information as well as other insights.

Neeven Soodyall
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Serenisis
on 6/23/14 4:42 am, edited 6/23/14 4:55 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
Topic: RE: Bariatric Support group in Vancouver

Hey everyone!  

I'm not sure if you're aware but we do have a support group on Facebook for patients who are going through the process with the surgeons in Richmond -- we also accept patients of other surgeons if support is what you're looking for.  Here's the link!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastwlssupport/

We meet once a month in the Langley area by Willowbrook mall but have a number of members all over the Lower Mainland who are always looking to meet up for activities or a chat elsewhere.  I myself live in East Vancouver and had my surgery with Dr. Sampath just under 2 years ago.

If you have any questions about the group, send me an email at [email protected].

Hope this helps!

HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Frankie82
on 6/17/14 12:41 pm
RNY on 08/07/14
Topic: RE: Help!

Hey Rennaa,
I googled "surgical wait times in BC" and found the ministry website for surgical times. I then selected bariatric and then called every doctor that was listed to see how long their wait times were. I had already been on the waitlist with Dr. Amson for 3 years at that point, and I was basically looking at 2 years to get in to see a doctor to be put on the waitlist. No harm in calling them and asking the staff at the doctors your questions.

Rennaa
on 6/13/14 9:10 am - Houston, Canada
Topic: Help!

Im new to this site and my questions have likely already been asked but I need help.  I am in dire need of getting the by pass done, I am just now on a wait list to meet with dr Amson.  I have a BMI of 52.3 ( hangs head in shame ).  I was wondering what order drs do the operation in BC, or if any Alberta drs do it and it would be covered by BC med?  I have also heard that some wont do it with a BMI over 40?  I just need help getting info.  Thanks in advance for your time and replies. 

dan1887
on 6/12/14 6:14 pm - CA
Topic: RE: Bariatric Support group in Vancouver

Absolutely I am in as well.  I am in Vancouver.  How do we make this happen.  I moved here a year ago, 6 months after my surgery and I could really use the support.  Feel like I missed the whole second phase (or whatever phase) of this thing and haven't maximized this surgical tool that my VSG can be.

Sarahlicious
on 6/5/14 1:43 am - Portsmouth, OH
Topic: MANTRABAND GIVEAWAY - What?s your favorite mantra?

mantra-band-giveaway

What’s Your Mantra?

It’s giveaway time again! To celebrate the ObesityHelp 2014 Conference, we’ve partnered with MantraBand, to create a special giveaway! They have graciously donated five of their inspirational MantraBand bracelets to celebrate your journeys. Each of the winners that are selected will get to pick their favorite mantra from the MantraBand collection! 

To see all the Mantras at MantraBand, goto: http://www.mymantraband.com/products/inspirational-bracelets and look through the drop down that lists all their inspirational MantraBrands then we want to know, “What’s your Favorite Mantra?”

How-to Enter the Giveaway:

There are 6 ways to get entered into the giveaway! Four of the ways, give you extra entries! The more you do, the more times your name will be entered into the drawing, increasing your chances at winning. Click here to find out all the ways to enter! 

sarah-mantra

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active