Recent Posts

momjan
on 9/22/14 1:51 am, edited 1/14/15 2:29 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Don Mee?s in Victoria ?safe foods?

You are  NOT going to find a lot to eat on a Dim Sum menu Frankie.  You  CAN order off the regular menu as everyone else is ordering Dim Sum.  I have done that before.  Go for, obviously, the veggie dishes, meat dishes, things without noodles or rice.  But a lot of Chinese food is fried one way or another, so be careful with the meats.  How about Wor Won Ton?  You get the meat steamed in the dumpling wrappers, along with lots of veggies, sliced meat and octopus in the broth; a really good choice.  And you can take the rest home......

slide
on 9/15/14 3:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/27/14
Topic: RE: Bariatric Support group in Vancouver

Hi All,

There is still a support group meeting held at the Mt. St. Joseph hospital.  I think the turnout has been pretty low these last few months but there was about 6 of us last month so it would be nice to see more people there.  The last one was September 5th so I believe they meet the first Thursday of each Month at 7:00PM in the Sister Germaine room.

Hope to see you there.

crymacd
on 9/15/14 2:26 pm - ABBOTSFORD, Canada
Topic: RE: Help!

Its not that bad, I was surprised as I only had my Doctor refer me to Richmond Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery last May ( 2013 ) and I got a call last week to start at the Garret Wellness Centre Next tuesday :) Very excited to start my journey !!

crymacd
on 9/15/14 2:24 pm - ABBOTSFORD, Canada

Thank you for this information. I just requested to connect with this group on Facebook !!

Frankie82
on 9/1/14 7:42 am
RNY on 08/07/14
Topic: Don Mee?s in Victoria ?safe foods?

Anybody familiar with this restaurant? It’s my friend’s favorite and we’re going there in a few weeks (I’ll be just shy of 2 months post-op). I can’t find a menu online to try and come up with a plan. It’s Dim Sum, so carbs and fried food everywhere! I don’t want to make it an issue (as we’re bringing others with us too) but I really need a food plan!

Frankie82
on 8/26/14 3:47 pm
RNY on 08/07/14
Topic: RE: vbg revision in bc

If you go onto the “Surgical Wait times” website through Health BC, you will be able to find a list of all of the doctors that do WLS. No harm in calling them and asking if it is worth getting a referral to them. The wait times are depressing though; I was 47 months from referral to surgery.

06mustang06
on 8/24/14 6:06 am - penticton bc, Canada
Topic: vbg revision in bc

I jumped the gun and now regretting not waiting for rny. I had vbg in 2006 and low and behold gained most back. how horrible. looking at options and might want to get sleeved.  dr cristou cost 20000 in montreal. just not doable. any one here do revision , I checked the Richmond hospital and they don't.. thanks.. I hear cheaper in usa and even mexico.

ptrumph
on 8/21/14 12:02 pm - Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hi Jody! How long did it take to have the surgery done by Dr. Sampath? 

ptrumph
on 8/21/14 11:59 am - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Topic: Private Surgery

Did anybody have his/her surgery done in Washington State? or somewhere else privately?

ptrumph
on 8/21/14 11:55 am - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Bariatric and MSP?

It is covered in BC but there is a 2/3 years waiting list. I currently looking for an alternative route. Can anybody help me?

Most Active