Recent Posts

Smoochie70
on 2/12/15 3:42 am - Canada
Topic: RE: My moment this morning.

First thing was to get rid of junk food and fast food. Next getting rid of carbohydrates.  I have made some progress in these areas already. Still have a long way to go. I already am good at drinking lots of water, so that is ok.  i have difficulty with night time snacking. I try and eat fruit at night now. or popcorn. Another struggle is with not eating regularly enough. I will not eat sometimes until like 1 in the afternoon and then iam starving. Iam more likely to eat too much and not what is good. I had started on protein smoothies in the morning and then i got really sick before Christmas and havent been able to get back on track again. I had been riding my bike lots in the summer and early fall and then i injured my back. I havent rode since then. Gonna try and get back on my bike soon as the rain stops. Our winters here are rain and more rain.  I have been managing to slowly losing though. I saw the surgeon in December and i was 288lbs and today i weighed and iam 275. I must be doing somethings right.  I know i need to reach out more and talk. It is difficult though. I have been spending lots of time reading on this site and getting lots of info though. Thanks for listening to me ramble on. 

Gwen04
on 2/11/15 5:57 pm

Good luck with your journey! What is your plan for your diet meanwhile? 

Smoochie70
on 1/28/15 7:12 am - Canada

it actually didnt take very long for me. My referral went in August and i had my first appt in December. I have already had 1 of the tests done that the surgeon requires. I have my next in June. I have already made some lifestyle changes though. I hope you do well on your journey.

Bcal2015
on 1/28/15 1:55 am
RNY on 07/11/16

That's so exciting you have an appointment with the surgeon.  Im really in the early stages....just got my referral to the Richmond Bariatric Center  So I think you are about 2 years ahead of me.  It's such a drag that it takes so long.  Oh well, I guess patience is a virtue.

Smoochie70
on 1/28/15 1:46 am - Canada

I have not had my surgery yet. Dont even have the date yet. I have had my first appt with the surgeon though. So iam at the beginning of my journey.  Where are you at in the process?

Bcal2015
on 1/28/15 1:43 am
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: RE: plastics covered by MSP

I don't think so,but Im not sure.  I believe, if its not covered, it can be written off as a medical expense on your taxes.

Bcal2015
on 1/27/15 11:41 am
RNY on 07/11/16

Im feeling the same way.  When is your surgery or have you had it yet?

Good luck!

Bcal2015
on 1/27/15 11:37 am
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: RE: Sharing my experience

Good Luck, I can't wait to hear how it all progresses. 

Smoochie70
on 1/26/15 2:58 am - Canada
Topic: My moment this morning.

So my little brother graduated from UVIC in June. He just posted pics from the big day. I saw myself and the reality of just how big iam. It totally reaffirmed the decision i have made to have surgery. Holy crap what a reality check. 

Bcal2015
on 1/23/15 5:10 am
RNY on 07/11/16
Most Active