Recent Posts

brandy911200
on 2/27/15 7:32 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Getting my surgery on the 24th

Hi Yes i got my surgery in richmond just out of hospital today.surgery went well but im kinda scared i made wrong choice.still not feeling too good but hoping things will get better im just taking it day by day for now

Bcal2015
on 2/27/15 1:21 am
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: RE: Bariatric weight loss Councelor?

Hi 

I just read your post.  Its a bit late but Ive just been referred to Dr Michael Lyon at the Medical Weight Management Centre in Coquitlam.  Its a full program that includes Cognitive therapies.  You need a doctors referral and its covered by MSP.  Here's the website: https://www.medweight.ca

Good luck on your journey.

MoonWillow
on 2/26/15 6:40 am - Canada
Topic: RE: New here

Hi Britta,

Thanks for the reply. I am going through the Richmond Bariatric.  Orientation was at Garratt Wellness Centre.  I was on the wait list for almost 2 years just to get into the orientation part. 

I will check out the Facebook group. Thank you for the recommendation.  Truly appreciated. 

Good luck on your journey as well.

Take care

Lynn

Bcal2015
on 2/25/15 2:55 pm
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: RE: New here

Hi Lynn!  Welcome!

This is an exciting time for you.  Are you going through Bariatrics at Richmond Hospital?

Im just new here as well.  I just got my referral to Richmond last month.  Sounds like I have about 1 - 2year wait.

How long were you on the wait list? 

Another really great support group for the lower mainland is on face book.  Its called RMBS - Support group.  There seems to be several people from the Langley area on it.

Good luck with your journey.

Cheers!

Britta

MoonWillow
on 2/24/15 12:13 pm - Canada
Topic: New here

Hello. My name is Lynn and I just joined here. I just attended the orientation session last week. Looking for support, advise, etc.... from those who have been there or those who are going through it.

Is there anyone here from the Fraser Valley? Would love to meet some local people.

Take care,

Lynn

Bcal2015
on 2/24/15 11:05 am
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: RE: Getting my surgery on the 24th

I just saw your post.  I hope your surgery went well.  Did you have your surgery in BC?  Im currently on the wait list. and am hoping for the RNY myself.  Be sure to up date us on how you are doing.  Cheers!

LSG
on 2/21/15 6:34 am - Canada
Topic: RE: WLS Vancouver Island and Active Support Groups

Hi - I am in Victoria. Post Op 1 month from Band removal - waiting for Vertical Sleeve with Dr. Amson. 

brandy911200
on 2/21/15 2:19 am - Canada
Topic: Getting my surgery on the 24th

Hi I am getting my surgery on feb 24th and am so nervous I`m getting roux-en-y done and am just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is much pain involved and what the recovery is like.Also im on my pre op diet but wondering if I could cheat just one time and get my last good meal in not a huge cheat maybe just on last piece of pizza.

Bcal2015
on 2/19/15 12:08 pm
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: RE: My next step in the journey.

Congratulations!! That's fantastic. You will be starting before you know it. 

Smoochie70
on 2/19/15 8:59 am - Canada
Topic: My next step in the journey.

Got my appt date for the orientation to the Bariatric Surgery program. April 1st. Excited and nervous. 

Most Active